One for you MOT boffins!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone may shoot me down but I believe that the visual representation within the cab is non essential and purely there for piece of mind... as long as your high beams function.....

Yes it must work it is checked during the MOT and should fail if it doesn't work.Thats if they even check it though.

It would seem to be a a 'No':

http://www.bobmckay.co.uk/headlights.html

However the Web is a great place for spreading incorrect information, so I would advise double checking elsewhere..............

Generally speaking all lights that are fitted have to work, and frankly I would be surprised if the main beam tell-tale is not tested as it is clearly a 'safety' consideration. There may also be a separate issue if you are involved in an accident.

The definitive place to look is in the 'Construction and Use Regulations' - good luck, and do tell us what you eventually find, (it will be a lengthy task!).

I believe it does have to work. Don't take my word for it - Google the DVLA website to be sure.

I thought it had to work. now ?????

Will Email my mate who MOTs my van. Will not hear from him as on AA patrol till tomorrow.

Alzy said:
does the blue light on the dash have to be working when high beam is on???

Cheers

It's probably quicker to just fix it than find out whether you need to !

A bit late now but my mate has emailed with his answer.

No it doesn’t need blue light. As long as main beam switches on & off by ONE switch that’s it!

But thats what we know now. :wink:

Latest posts