One owner Unrestored 71 deluxe So Cal Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think he was ex military stationed in germany (cold war) bought the bus and drove it for a while in West Germany then had it shipped over as part of the tourist program. Im going to try to get in contact with him once the bus lands, find out what the actual story is.

MOT'd yesterday, no advisories either. My first outing 80 miles round trip up over the mountains 1800ft climb and back down to the MOT centre. I wasn't sure if the old boy would make it so i gave myself an extra hour but it was a breeze. A real joy to drive. Pissed with rain and it was probably the first time hed seen rain in decades. :(

Just waiting on the registration to get back to me :)

A good machine polish and dodo wax and i'm good to go. Trying to get an age related plate but it can be trickier over here.

Love this bus.Keep it stock!

or not!

jj9vl0.jpg

Dodgy work by me!

Serious though it is a beautiful bus.

OSullivan said:
Love this bus.Keep it stock!

or not!

jj9vl0.jpg

Dodgy work by me!

Serious though it is a beautiful bus.

im convinced....

its staying stock :lol:

i had the parts but sold them off i dont think i could bring myself to touch it. Theres part of the vent thats been touched up ill probably try to get a better match paint for it as its slightly yellowed. two weeks to get the registration back, normally take 5 days so i should be ok i hope.

Are you bringing this over for the Volksworld line up Johnny?
Look forward to seeing this in the flesh 8) . It looks so mint and I agree it should be left just as it is. It's perfect.

bananacustard said:
Are you bringing this over for the Volksworld line up Johnny?
Look forward to seeing this in the flesh 8) . It looks so mint and I agree it should be left just as it is. It's perfect.

Should have the registration sorted on thursday this week, went in to see them today and there are some security checks. Overnight Ferry is booked into Liverpool so driving down on Friday morning, willing to stop and hook up with anyone else thats heading down that way?

DVLA just called, tax and registration are waiting for me. :D

chuffed. 8)

i think the vert will be a bit tricker. whats the policy on slammed vehicles and MOT anyone know?

Got the plates made up in standard yellow and white and have some black ones ordered, hopefully ill get them before thursday. Its a new N.I. registration but it still looks age related as our system is still the old style 'BXZ ****'

I think ill take the old fella out for a spin tonight.

Johnny said:
Got the plates made up in standard yellow and white and have some black ones ordered, hopefully ill get them before thursday. Its a new N.I. registration but it still looks age related as our system is still the old style 'BXZ ****'

I think ill take the old fella out for a spin tonight.

cool

great looking bus johnny

the paint is good but im gently cutting it back using lime prime dodo juice, bought a DAS6 pro machine polisher makes light work, alot of the oxidation is coming off and hes starting to sparkle.

did some essential jobs tonight. fixed the led flasher speed, fitted the number plates and a firetec extinguisher. the plates are just standard ones, black ones haven't arrived yet..

firetec1.jpg

firetec2.jpg

numberplate.jpg

things left to do are a full wax (the bus :lol: ) and get the beers in!

Latest posts