Opinion on a Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on the forum (Hello!) and as a brand new person to Bays I would like some opinions on this one I have found on the web please.

http://www.thebusstation.co.uk/69deluxe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To my beginners eye it seems a pretty sound Bay (If you look beyond its original hippy graphics ;) )

I've also read good things about the Bus Station.

Your (constructive)thoughts on this one would be really apprciated please.

ATB

Hello and Welcome to earlybay ,

I notice you are in Hampshire , So my advice would be to get down to see Mark at the Bus Station and have a real good look over it , The Hippie paint has gone so you can now get a better picture of how you will want it to look

Its a USA bus so rust / rot will be minimal , its just running and stopping that you will need to sort ,

Best of luck , as lots of questions , and if it doesn't feel right then walk away ;)

Thanks guys - yes I will take a trip over and take a look at the Bay.

One thing I did notice is that although its a USA import the plate is Washington - A state not known for its year round sunny climate like SoCal - Is this likely to be an issue and is there a real benefit in this import over a UK Bay?

With regard to price to me it appears fair as the advert states there will be:

Some paint blending
Localised repairs will be carried out
Narrowed link pin beam fitted with drop spindles
JGE torker wheels or similar
New MOT and UK reg
All new suspension, brakes and steering and refreshed 1600 Engine

Can I take it from this that my issues will be to undertake a complete interior refit as the rest is 'sorted' for the time being?

Thanks for your time.

Well Jamie , most buses are more solid than UK ones as so much wet over here ,, Even though its not a Californian bus it will be 90% solid as it doesnt stay wet out there for long , I would first ask how much the bus would be Stock and MOTed and registered , see how this fits your budget . Then if you have a few quid over , then talk about beam / wheels etc ,

I know if i had my time over I would have got my van super solid before spending ALOT of money lowering

Just my opinion dude ;)

Thanks Grazy, thats good advice, too be honest I didn't look beyond the spec list offered for the price.

I'm not not concerned with the lowering or posh wheels at this stage and would be happy to take that out of the deal (if they are happy with that) and negotiate for less money or more immediate upgrades that 'may' be needed.

I will give the guy I call on Monday and if he still has it then will pop over to take a look and have a chat.

ATB.

Oh yeah, then there's this link..................

http://www.pkwclub.co.uk/index1280.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We meet every wednesday (well, most people turn up so there's somebody there............ Lol) :lol:

Latest posts