opinions please - would this aerial look correct on my bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Camper-Front-Panel-Aerial-Stainless-Pillar-2-Mounts_W0QQitemZ270275847330QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270275847330&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've seen this aerial on ebay from T2 customs. its stainless steel which is good,and looks pretty sturdy. but looking at it,it would have to be mounted on the flat part of the front - will that look OK do you think? or should the top mount be attached to the curve under the windscreen - if so, I need to find another aerial. any pics or opinions?

The dual mount aerials I have seen are mounted down somewhere around the side of the headlamps. I have just replaced my aerial after snapping mine when the wind took my cover when I was trying to remove it (the cover) and promptly dropped it on my aerial :evil:

I ended up with a new one from vwemporium as recommened by Harlequin (http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The one from JK I bought initially had a different type of fixing to the swage line which would have meant cutting a bigger hole in my front panel. The VW Empoium one I bought doesn't quite fit as well as the (presumably) original as the grip inside the front panel is larger and doesn't fit as flush as the OG one.

Dude :wink: TBH all ariels on the front of buses dont look right IMHO . Less is more etc . You can buy an amplified golf ariel 4 under a tenner and hide it under the dash ,thats what ive done then you dont have to drill any holes :mrgreen:

Gadget Boy said:
Dude :wink: TBH all ariels on the front of buses dont look right IMHO . Less is more etc . You can buy an amplified golf ariel 4 under a tenner and hide it under the dash ,thats what ive done then you dont have to drill any holes :mrgreen:

Agreed with Gadget, save them for inside 8)

i have that exact aerial brand new and forsale now my bug has gone. £12 posted ;)

Already on mine when I got her but I still think it looks cool
IMGP0085.jpg

it looks cool as.. but the only thing that worries me about this style of aerial is chavs tearing it off.

yes that's a concern as well. I suppose you just have to take a calculated risk. any more pictures so I can see the position?

Latest posts