OTHER DUBS YOU OWN PIC THREAD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here mine... only being 17 dont have many, well only two.

first ones my 1965 beetle got when i was 14 its all orignal, sun roof etc. thats sat in the barn in bits. got all the new metal for it but only changed the floors so far..
Photo001.jpg

second one i managed to buy when i was 16 after buying and selling a few cars. didnt keep it for long tho got bored, wanted an older one and i'd all ready found the bay which i bought at 17.
0402_1_b.jpg

much happier with this one.
DSC08149.jpg

Justin & Mutley said:
How about an 'Other VW's you almost own' thread?...

;)

This orange 914 was for sale for a very good price a few months ago. Rust free, and only in need of little attention. I went to go and have a look at it, and told the owner I'm taking it. Decided to 'sleep over it' and woke up the next morning with my mind changed. Phoned up a good friend of mine, Armand (IMPI), the guy in the picture, told him about it and then he bought it immediately.

I still have mixed feelings about this car :( , but I know that if I indeed bought it, I would have never got my '71 Sunroof EB, and after all there is also still an SP2 restoration project waiting for me.... :wink:

But I will get a 914... some day!

402411.jpg

here is my single cab that i am restoring at the mo, this is going to be a show bus/ buisiness truck as setting my own buisiness up making wiring looms up for Bays....Splits....Bugs....etc.... to original spec or customer spec using vw colours but using modern thin wall cable which carrys more current than the old PVC cable....

58pickup.jpg

here is the wifes ride that i am nearly finished rebuiling..

frontstripe.jpg

100_0460.jpg

and herbies engine..

100_0449.jpg

Thanks gninnam have moved the fuel filter up front now as fitted a leccie fuel Pump and reg as manual was not strong enough for the twin 40's, was a squeeze gettin engine in there but is the finishing part to the project though, should be hitting shows next year to sit by the real thing that belongs to good friend Luke @ Terrys Beetles as his was the car i based it on as it was the only Herbie to have the 356 engine fitted originally back in '69 by the Empi boys.

:D

just got this for our lass's xmas pressie - our first bug

ebay cheapy - totally original interior, sweet 1300 (gonna upgrade to 1600) stocker, plans are disc brakes n dropped spindles upfront, sprints all round and fresh exterior paint - thats it.

DSCF0111-1.jpg

heres a few pics of my daily 2003 caravelle se last of the t4s . these pics were taken at the scottish vw show at bathgate in november
DSCF4037.jpg

DSCF4039.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

hi thanks thats the slightly ilegal ones the real number is L80 KVW couldnt resist it :D

As well as the Bay i own a 1971 Beetle which is now in the gargage being semi-restored.

1971 Westfalia

CornwallSummer2007148.jpg

CornwallSummer2007045.jpg

19122005053.jpg

19122005048.jpg

Loaded.jpg

71966cad.jpg

P1000139.jpg

Looking something a little more like this now

P1000360.jpg

Past MOT welding finally caught up with her. New Floor, heater channel, inner wings and door pillar, front bulkhead and rear valance!!

Cheers for looking,

Andy

Don't own another VW, but thought i'd post up some pics of my first that i've just scanned.

Purchased when i was 17 so the first pic late summer 1990.

1303.jpg

Paid £500 with no tax/Mot and needing a fair bit of welding to the chasis. At the time didn't really know a great deal about the types of different Beetle model's.

Fitted some lowered springs at the front, de-chromed etc...and me and my step dad painted it over a weekend.

13031.jpg

The things you do but i remember driving around with a couple of bags of sand under the bonnet to get down even lower and it also shifted with the 1600cc engine, and you would always lose the back end going round corners.

It was a shit box but fantastic. Never tried to find out if still on the road as would be very suprised.

Mike

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
thats quite a turnaround mike, looks good in the second pic

Never trust a picture.

It was painted outside in the garden and very rough in places.
Also had an engine fire at a later stage :lol:

Latest posts