OTHER DUBS YOU OWN PIC THREAD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Jebus! fig you need your own Split museum! nice collection that DC is very very nice. 8)

LOL. Actually the hall with the tiled floor that you can see in the pics IS a museum. It's a bit of a squeeze but at least it allows me to display some of my buses and my automobilia.

Apart from the 59 Samba, which is due for a full restoration, the DC is the roughest of the lot, with lots of rot in the sills and chassis, but she still works hard for her living, as the pic shows.

Hi all, I'm newbie here and I just recently confessed my Bay pride and came out of the closet. I've been to dubs about 15 years, owning about dozen beetles, 3 splitties and a couple of typ3s. I currently have '71 Microbus. I'll start an own thread on it, as I'll need lot's of help and info from more experienced bay people. My other dubs are slammed '54 oval and '65 1500S Notch.

tontitus%20004.jpg

madallus%20002.jpg

welcome dude! 8) great entrance!! lovely notch and an ace slammed bug.......now lets see that bay! 8)

The last couple of dudes on here - well words fail me as they own some
beaut' motors and I am not jealous :(

Ruptured Tortoise said:
Hey -tipi- what airbag system are you running on that Oval?

None, it's just 'traditionally' adjustable. I narrowed the front beam 12cm, welded in special avis-type adjusters with over 90 degrees motion my friend made, CB dropped spindles, no shock towers. This adds up about 15cm adjustment in front, with 165/50R15 tires it went 3cm negative 'ground clearance', winning me the lowest VW in Finland title last July.

At rear there's adjustable springplates made by me. With about 10cm hight adjustment.

Click the pic above for more on the oval!

One more:

m09.jpg

Ruptured Tortoise said:
Whats up with those heads, Okrasa?

Those are Porsche industrial 33-1 (same as 912) heads. I'm planning on putting industrial engine 74mm crank, rods, Ø85mm piston/cylinders and heads to 30hp (36hp in US) VW engine, but that's very early in the works. This would make it 1680cc. I'm currently trying to solve how to change the head stud pattern from VW to Porsche. Kind of a 'old speed' mutation. Point is to use the 30hp case, nuts, I know.

-tipi- Sounds like you've got a good plan there..........

One hell of a ride there too.......... 8)

Being that low - what's it like to drive?

Horrible! But I think it's mostly because of the lowlow tires. Atleast as I sold the 5-spokes and put on my Sprintstars with 145/80 and 185/65:s it drives now a lot smoothly. I can't really drive it low, as there's about 10cm curb where my drive way hits the street. Missing front shocks you can't really notice.

-tipi- said:
Ruptured Tortoise said:
Whats up with those heads, Okrasa?

Those are Porsche industrial 33-1 (same as 912) heads. I'm planning on putting industrial engine 74mm crank, rods, Ø85mm piston/cylinders and heads to 30hp (36hp in US) VW engine, but that's very early in the works. This would make it 1680cc. I'm currently trying to solve how to change the head stud pattern from VW to Porsche. Kind of a 'old speed' mutation. Point is to use the 30hp case, nuts, I know.
You sound like a true Gearhead in the Old Skool hot rod sense. Please keep us informed on your progress. As far as having a rough ride go's that can be a lot of fun if your wife has big tit's, or any other female passenger for that matter 8) You might check out an air ride system to smooth things out a little? http://www.airkewld.com/pages/welcome.php

Ruptured Tortoise said:
As far as having a rough ride go's that can be a lot of fun if your wife has big tit's, or any other female passenger for that matter 8)

:shock: :wink:

Ruptured Tortoise said:
[As far as having a rough ride go's that can be a lot of fun if your wife has big tit's, or any other female passenger for that matter 8)

can be a problem if you have an infesibly large scrotum though :eek:

1978 twin slider bought at a boot fair for
£680!gona lower it,turn it back into a panel van
and fit the teledials sitting in me shed.

DADSFISH026.jpg

Latest posts