Our 1970 VW Camper, in need of lots of Love

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More work more photos, will add more next week, thanks to Matt and Dave at M and D Auto Refinishers I am working on my bus at there premises, saves my neighbours moaning at me ;) , if you need some good quality repairs and paint give them a ring, you won't be disspointed :D
File0002.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Just found this thread - looks like you told yourself the little lie that we all have to - It shouldn't take that long, have it on the road for the summer ;)

Superb work, the van is looking fabulous - massive congrats, can't wait to see it finished!

One question if you don't mind - when you filled in the sunroof, did you just butt weld the filling piece, or did you use a joggler/edge setter to create an overlapping step?

Cheers :)

Some good work there dude,looks like you've nearly worked your way right round now 8)

Hilly_70 said:
Getting there mate .. that work looks so familiar!

.. if rust is one thing .. it consistant!

:D

Hilly

IT certinly is, dam rust sometimes you think 'is it all worth it', :D of course it is :lol:

geoff said:
Just found this thread - looks like you told yourself the little lie that we all have to - It shouldn't take that long, have it on the road for the summer ;)

Superb work, the van is looking fabulous - massive congrats, can't wait to see it finished!

One question if you don't mind - when you filled in the sunroof, did you just butt weld the filling piece, or did you use a joggler/edge setter to create an overlapping step?

Cheers :)

I just butt welded it in place cutting with a really thin cutting disc as I went, I was standing on our wheelie bin to do the work, which added extra fun trying not to fall off that too :lol:

VWAIRCOOLED said:
Some good work there dude,looks like you've nearly worked your way right round now 8)

I'm hoping that when I finish working my way round that I wont have to start from the beginning again :shock: , its nice now shes looking semi respectable and starts and drives nice, been through alot of running like a bitch and looking like a right old skip, we have managed to keep using her too through the past months, it used to be the worst looking bus at events, but latley theres been a few rougher than ours :lol:

My Dormy was a rough bus when I started using it.This was the first time I used it it was at Vanfest '07 .Also on my signiture thats my Dormy at brighton Breeze '07 (5th from left) It must be the only time I remember when there where no Westy's in the Earlybay lineup !

IMG_1063.jpg

take my hat of to you paul, thats a real labour of love with your van, looking realy good, well i guess its good practice for when you do mine ;)

Latest posts