Our '70

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L 282

Reaction score
hello,
Had my van about 4 years now and thought i better post up a few pictures seeing as i spend so much time looking at everyone elses on here!
Its a '70 panel van converted by Devon in about 1981 using the late bay moonraker set up, hence the double top roof.(not the best looking roof but it stores the kids well.) It had 23k miles on the clock when we got it, the mileage now reads 43k. The whole family loves it, we went down through France and up into the Pyrennees last summer, it was as good as gold.
DSC02532.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

We had it bare metal resprayed a couple of years ago to save the og metal, it had lots of little rust worms running along the surface of the metal under the paint. Unfortunately i now live near the sea and will probably have to go through it all again in a year or 2, next time i shall polish like a maniac straight away. Live and learn :roll:

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

The interior was virtually unused when we got hold of it but because it is a late bay devon the build quality is poor, all chipboard and plastic and i can see us having to rebuild in a few years time, i think i might copy the design exactly but use decent materials.
Anyway, hope you like it.
Stewart.

Latest posts