Our 71 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali_bay

Reaction score
A couple of pictures of our Bus (callie) at Vanfest 08.

Couldn't help accessorizing with a westy trailer, that I have just tidied up. It's first outing, good for carrying the kids bikes and other junk.

DSCN3091.jpg

DSCN3083.jpg

Thanks for your comments. :D

I will add some interia shots, when I get a chance.

Here are a few shots of our bus when it was in California and its interior when we got it.

334549160503_0_BG.jpg

Sitting a little high :|

276901260503_0_BG.jpg

444549160503_0_BG.jpg

So a few evenings graft by my wife and I earlier this year and the interior was transformed. :D

DSCN2814.jpg

DSCN2816.jpg

I must admit that the language used whist fitting the TMI seat covers could not be quoted on this forum. Don't want to do it again in a hurry....

Also the Westy trailer when we got it.
DSCN2957.jpg

Finally got motivated today and removed my engine, so that I can clean and paint the engine bay. What a great day for it :D

I am also going to get all the tin powder coated, repaint the fan housing and sort out a couple of oil leaks.

DSCN3526.jpg

DSCN3545.jpg

DSCN3546.jpg

Over the last couple of weeks I have also been making a few bits for my bus, using OG parts as a guide.
Westy flip table support, not actually fitted to the campmobile as standard, but will give the table more support when I have re-made that as well.

DSCN3552.jpg

Continental roof bed supports, fabricated from three pieces, still need plating.

DSCN3548.jpg

Continental roof bed hinges in stainless steel.

DSCN3549.jpg

Finally some westy trailer hinges, just need to do the frame and the wood now.

DSCN3550.jpg

DSCN3551.jpg

Off to Dubfreeze tomorrow to get a few more bits I need. :D

Well done Si

They look amazing, there are some pretty hard to find parts there. I also think there would be quite a demand if they were advertised well.

Please can I put my order in for the brackets and hinges?

Jon

An update on my Westy.

Have welded in new battery tray, repainted engine bay, had tinware powder coated, replaced beather hoses and repainted rear valance and lower outer corner (due to new tray fitment).

Also refurbed a set of overriders that I got as part of a group buy arranged by Faux (thanks again, top chap to do deals with).

Hoping to take her and the family to Big Bang in a couple of weeks, after fitting some new calipers on the front.

Here are a few pictures.

DSCN3771.jpg

DSCN3774.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

DSCN3618.jpg

Cali_bay said:
Hoping to take her and the family to Big Bang in a couple of weeks,

looking good, be nice to see it in the flesh

put your name down for sundays lineup ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow Si

Looking really good. Fingers crossed for a dry summer.

I'm glad the overriders worked out well for you, you have done yet another top job. (Thanks for the kind words, but never again. :mrgreen: )

Jon

Maybe up the the line up, but its the first family trip out of the year so need to keep them sweet.

Really pleased how the o/riders turned out, even though they needed quite a bit of bashing to get them straight. I can't believe what they are selling for now!

Now I just need to sort out the lid on my trailer, I have all the bits. Just need to weld it together and give it a paint.

I wish I had kept my trailer now.....I had to sell my puck to fund a new car :oops:

Yours will be even better with the lid, you can carry more stuff too :roll:

If you turn the hitch bar over the trailer sits level on a slammed bus. Sweet!

Cali_bay said:
Finally got motivated today and removed my engine, so that I can clean and paint the engine bay. What a great day for it :D
DSCN3545.jpg

Hello,

what do you have you engine on, it looks a bit more robust than your average trolley jack.

J :)

Hi,

Its a sealey Motor cycle jack, makes it a whole lot easier removing/installing the engine. No balancing on a trolley jack. :)

Got a bit done to my Westy trailer lid today. Frame welded together, rack holes drilled and rack tubing cut to size.

Need to weld on the hinges, paint and get the plywood cut to size.

DSCN3776.jpg

Latest posts