Overhead locker dilemma

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69ragtop

Reaction score
Hi I'm at the latter part of restoring my 69 early bay and having problems fitting the overhead locker. When I bought her she was a shell on wheels so didn't have interior to go by. How do you fit the overhead locker and if I need brackets of some sort where can I get them from , Andy in Fareham

Not sure if early are the same as xover but our xover westy has 2 L shaped brackets. They are riveted with the roof channel (for the ply roof) and then bend around and under the locker (@10mm) and are fixed with a couple of screws.
I'm pretty sure I've got a pair of original brackets if you need them.

Hi
when I made my interior I ordered one from vanwurx. Only bought one as the other side is attached to the high cupboard at rear of bus. like other post says L shaped top slots into groove and bottom attaches to locker bottom.

Hi mine is a 69 Danbury pop top. When I bought her she was a shell. I've bought a kustom interiors k westy interior as we've go a full length r&r bed . There is no cupboards down the side. I will take pics and see if it helps people see what can be done

hi, i've got a '71 danbury and i've just refitted the rear overhead unit after a new poptop was installed
The front is held up by 2 upside down angle brackets and the rear is screwed in just above the curtain rail, see pics below

I just got intouch with kustom interiors and it turns out that I should have received brackets with it . They are sending some out . No questions asked ! They've been great all the way through the process of buying my interior. Thank you for your help you lot . Your imput is invaluable for me and everyone on here

Well I'm pleased to say I Sussed it with a little improvisation . The two brackets came through the post and they fixed above the overhead locker at the back. I then made two brackets for the sides out of two threaded hooks and two gate latches. I must say I was impressed. With the help from yourselves and a bit of thought the overhead locker is safely up and looking good

Latest posts