Paint Code Quiery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_t2

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post, but I am not new to the vw scene. I go to as many shows as possible and have had various vw's. I currently have an early bay and vw t4 pop top camper. Anyway, please could any of you kind people please tell me the paint code for my early bay as it is currently being restored and I want to keep it original.
nick_t2

Thanks for all your help.

Nick

I could not figure out how to put pics up. So I did put a link on the advert witch you have to right click and open. Or you can try this link. Or better still, how do you add pics.
http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/o616/nick_t2/?action=view&current=IMG_0883.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look;s to me Neptune Blue L50K over Pastel White L90D, I've had a Neptune Blue Bus before so I'm pretty sure, & know how it photographs. Not so sure about the White though as it is impossible to tell from a photo. :?

Looks too light to me to be neptune...
IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

My guess would be Brilliant Blue (L50H)
L50H.jpg

or possibly Niagra Blue (L53D)... but I don't know if this one is a 1970 colour?
L53D.jpg

Your best bet is to decode your M-Plate. Have a look for a metal plate riveted to the bulkhead behind the drivers seat and then plum the details in to here: http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I could be wrong, but looking at piccy's of mine on here it doesn't look anything like it in the flesh, looking at the photo I saw still think it's neptune, as Blue always photograhs light.
I think we need lobie as his is Neptune. :lol:

Hi, i have found all paint codes for vw's on thesamba under technical then paint codes, Look for the year and model of bus and then it gives relevant codes for, Body, Wheels & Bumpers. But these are for factory colors. Hope this helps. :)

Latest posts