Panel van progress.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiedread

Reaction score
Phew!
Been cutting and welding like mad.......
Have replaced:
n/s rear outrigger,
n/s centre outrigger,
o/s centre outrigger,
o/s front outrigger.
Also done repairs to rear crossmember, a new bottom in the front crossmember and repairs to the sill under the sliding door - got spatter burns on my elbows to prove it :D :D
Image973.jpg

Image974.jpg

Creative beam adjusters arrived this morning and hopefully the Haynes manual tomorra......beam surgary this weekend 8)

More pics to follow.

I just can't wait to drive it :!: :!: :!:

This is me----------------> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bus passed it's MOT on thursday, and I've hardly been out of the drivers seat. Was a little nervous having never driven one before, but I'm happy to report that it's even better than I could have ever expected :D
Best thing is passing another van on the road.....beeps flashes smiles and waves all round!
Got the feeling I've joined the best club in the world.

well done :wink: health to enjoy :D

and remember to keep her dry and well waxoyled over the winter, VW/EB ownership definitely IS the best club in the world 8)

Thanks dooders. 8)
Is it just me or is lowering busses REALLY addictive :?:
Just need a little rake now.......some lower profile tyres on the front should do it :twisted:

What a cool panel you have there!! I love the old ads on the bus. They are in dutch so if you need some translations :)

bas_T2a said:
What a cool panel you have there!! I love the old ads on the bus. They are in dutch so if you need some translations :)

...what does 'slag' mean :lol:

loving the stance blondie 8)

Johnny said:
bas_T2a said:

...what does 'slag' mean :lol:

loving the stance blondie 8)

:lol: :lol:

but it does mean something :) (slag = battle)

I assume there was "slagerij" which is butchery :)

Correct :D
It was Slagerij for a butchers shop.......complete with cow!
DSC00595.jpg

There's also signwriting for an insurance company of all things :shock:
Kortessem is a small town in Belgium that the bus called home until 2004, we're planning a trip there next summer to see if we can find some of the buisineses advertised on the bus, it's a nice stopping point between Amsterdam and Wolfsburg.
:idea: Note to panel van owners.......Ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and back for a van is £465 but £315 for a motorhome of the same size :? Maybe they're cashing in on the booze cruisers.

Blondie (not sure of your real name)

Looking really good and I'm now looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at the Midlands Christmas Dinner on the 14th, keep up the good work :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Check out my posh new seats.... :D

DSC00616-1.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

From a Saab 9-3, electric and heated no less :D :D
They sit a bit higher than stock, but I'm 5'11" and they're ok for me, if you're any taller they might be too tall.
£50 from the scrappers, and my mate got the matching rear bench for the cab in his split.
Anyone got any inertia seatbelts for sale?

Matt.

Load's of progress of late, including working untill midnight the night before our euro road trip!
Got the interior finished just in time, was woken up a few times by Mrs Blondiedread at the sewing machine into the small hours.
With 501 on the numberplates it had to be really..................
DSC00680.jpg

Image126.jpg
Image130.jpg

Image127.jpg

Panels up to halfway are old jeans cut up and sewed together, above is blue denim with shiny star print, black starry curtains and headliner and rock and roll are matching black denim - super tough, almost child proof! 8)

Finally got to fixing the original slider that came with the bus, replaced the lower skin and repaired the inner frame, it's just waiting for some paint now!
Image101.jpg
Image105.jpg

Image108.jpg
Image103.jpg

Image106.jpg
DSC00685.jpg

Managed to save all the drain channels, I used og metal from the old skin to fix the missing bits!

DSC00683.jpg

What a difference black number plates make. :D

Matt.

Big day ahead.......full 5x112 conversion and new wheels 8)
Ready to go.
Image045.jpg

Fronts on.
Image047.jpg

Rears coming together.
Image050.jpg

Rears done, with 10mm spacer to combat ET42 of new wheels.
Image051.jpg

DONE! 10 months collecting and refurbing parts, fitted in 10 hours! 8) 8)
DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

Am I happy??..........

Damn right I am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Matt.

Latest posts