Perfect stance??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well spotted councillor, ackermann indeed :)

180120091220.jpg

180120091221.jpg

look at the panhard rod :shock:

and the aerofoil section over the engine... slightly negated i should think by the fact that the driver will be somewhat in the airflow but none the less 8)

that is the best thing i've EVER* seen, and whoever built it (was it you ?) has now been accorded legendary status in this house :twisted:

*well, this morning anyway but even so...

It was built by a friend so i can not and would not take the credit, i will pass on your comments though.
I had to badger him for a couple of years before he would sell it to me. I've added a few touches here and there but all the hard work was already done. (its got rose joints on too)
It was scratch built from anything he lying round his workshop and he is proud in the true spirit of hot rods that it only really cost him "his time" to create.

Sorry a little off topic now, if you want to know more the thread is here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10350

off-topic's my middle name* :oops:

i love these tales of "things he had lying around his worksop" i mean i'm not saying he's lying or anything but a set of whitewall golf trolley tyres ? a radio flyer ? i'm minded of the alan partridge sketch on 'prayer wave' ?

*it'd take some doing but i can't see it*

my garage is full of shit from the tip, and indeed shit from mice and other assorted rodenty-type things :x

i'll check out the 'build thread' and come back here and apologise when i've found out he's emerson fittipaldi or something :oops:

*it's actually 'william'

lol The tub was scratch built as there were no radio flyers around at the time. The wheels are off a go kart and i've had them white walled.
He is a secondary school care taker so his workshop may have more "stuff" in than most, Another good example is the steering wheel used to be a table top. The steering column was a leg that held up a work top etc.... you get the picture.

ant

Cool pix in this thread indeed , Thanks for putting them up Ego , Looking schweet ! :twisted:

I think I was chatting to you at Budel for ages about pop out windows for an Oval!

Not sure what are show plans are for this year. We quite fancy Sweden bug run.

I do love Budel though, it is a beautiful place...

Hi,

new to the site here. British born and bread, but came to oz about a year ago, got a kombi, only to find the scene back home was huge. Arr well. Anyway.....running a 72 (yes i know its a mongrel :shock: , best of both worlds i say :wink: )

Just finished building a new motor for her, to be fitted soon...but im trying to figure a few other bits out.

When i comes to lowering and wheels!! You guys are talking about 14" 15" wheels with passion, is that just because, or do larger 16 - 17s cause other probs? I know there's enough clearance, and the bus is only to be lowered 3" (for now.......im in Oz and there's a lot of off roading round here)

So, how come so set on 14/15"s??

Cheers guys!

Rich
1972 Microbus

Its not the destination that counts, only the journey!

Cos they suit a classic van & look cool.

You can get it very low on 14 & 15's.

17's are too modern for us.

gotta give it to ya.....there are some seriously low buses here!!!

Hmmm, choices.... a scrapper would be way cool!! Wouldn't get out of my street though!!!

have ya used adjustable beems to lower your buses?

Rich
1972 Microbus

Its not the destination that counts, only the journey!

Most use adjustable beams, some used dropped spindles. It depends on budget normally & how low you want to go.

Latest posts