Pertronix electronic ignition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a compufire module fitted to mine, not seen it yet as its waiting on a porsche cowl. I've heard it running over the phone with a standard dog house and it sounds sweet.

if your gonna spend that much money on the pertronix 2 (£120), why not get the 123ignition, it looks like the business.

Johnny said:
if your gonna spend that much money on the pertronix 2 (£120), why not get the 123ignition, it looks like the business.

I guess because I trust something made in Germany with Bosch written on it rather than one of them new-fangled 123 dizzy's. Aren't they the best part of 200 quid?

The point I'm making really is that the updated Pertronix 2 should have replaced the first one which has a design flaw. I've seen a fair few people on various forums posting threads along the lines of "wired pertronix up wrong and now it doesn't work anymore". Easy mistake to make and one that'll cost you 60 smackers.

fair point, but i've gone through 2 bosch starters (brand new) in 3 months, maybe their quality isnt what it used to be :?

Latest posts