Change from solex 30 pict 3 to solex 34 pict 3

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Abel at Afonso Motors. Never met the man unfortunately but I’ve met his reputation as an all round sound fella and fantastic engine builder. I know personally of at least a dozen of his motors that he’s built that people just don’t stop singing his praises .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, it’s hard to get a decent rep :)

Yes @mike202 and Boris’s owner Jonathon, both have engines from Abel.

@Huyrob, that’s really good to know about Hilltop 👍 as I am thinking of getting Winnie in somewhere to sort out a few scabby bits that have appeared since her resto, Might drop in next time i’m passing in the van 👍

It’s good to find honest trustworthy folk. The guy who originally did my bodywork was great once I was dealing with him 1:1. Initially I was going through a 3rd party who was hoping to take a cut for doing nothing 😡

Anyone know if the twin port 34pict 3 manifold centre section can be swapped out for the single port 30 type? ie. are the boots the same and preheat pipes the same? If so, I have one and I bet there's a lot of spare ones knocking about.

My single port had a twin choke Solex fitted , think the ends were cut from a single port manifold and were joined with some hose. Centre was an aftermarket twin choke section .BTW now running twin port heads and twin ITCs.

Latest posts