Photos needed for handling solutions rollover jig mounts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-Rackham

Reaction score
Hi All

Anyone able to help me out please? I'm looking for detailed photos of the front and rear mounts for the handling solutions rollover jig. Plenty about of crossover ones but I'm needing a looky see at early bay ones please

Mucho appreciated

Nick

What is it you need to know mate? I can take some photos for you? Check my resto out it could have some photos in there for you? ( newbie ) ugly duckling resto

Cheers fella, I need some photos of how the front and rear brackets are made that then bolt to the swivel bit on each a frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok il get photos for you Tuesday if that's ok? So the actual parts that mount to the bus an then to the a frame you want?

Many thanks

What I think I've got for the front frame is this?

and for the rear frame these!

Now I'm fairly confident having looked through your thread that the front one appears to be OK, but not sure about the rear one? is it just two tabs welded onto the rear bar, and or do I need the angled bits as well? and if so, where do they fit?

Appreciate your help :)

Front one you have looks ok, it bolts to the chassis in place of the front bumper ;)
Now the rear one is of poor design by them I feel as it's just the flat bar which bolts to the 4 bolt holes in place of the rear valence! Which I don't think is strong enough so I made adapter plates so it could bolt to chassis also, in place of rear bumper ;) hope this helps? Let me know if still need photos? But what you have looks right to me!

Dunno if you can see how it mounts in this photo? This is the way I didn't trust so I made another cradle that mounted to where rear bumper mounts and then onto the rollover jig!
I was then able to do away with the safety ratchet strap :lol:

Excellent, that's just what I needed :) cheers fella, you've saved a lot of head scratching and tea drinking!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi jay I'm after some info if I may. I have just put together the same jig as this made extra brackets for the rear as didn't look to strong. I have lifted the van onto the jig but it seems really heavy to roll, my van is stripped no beam no engine or gearbox what's yours like thanks Phil :oops:

Hi Phill mine still had the gearbox and front beam in at the photo point but even then it was fairly easy to roll just really nerve racking!! With gearbox out it was even easier! As long as the vehicle is level at both ends when in the air it should roll easy?? Getting the balance point was difficult at first but after a few try's I managed it, then I marked it on the jig lol. dunno what help that is to you?? But yea it should roll easy mate.

Thanks for reply I think that's my problem I haven't found the balance point yet. How many holes down from the top is the front jig. Yea really nervous rolling it went about a quarter of the way and put it back as it didn't feel right felt really top heavy thanks a lot Phil

Latest posts