Photos of engines?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
Im looking for some ideas for painting my engine. so lets see what you have done.

this is in me mates frid

Frid1.jpg

here is a standard 1200 lump just painted black

Image0035.jpg

here is our tinware that I am half way through doing. The engine is being re-built at the mo so will be a while before its all back together. It will have twin 34's and 1.25 rockers and obviously quite gold looking but we have gone with the "dare to be different" attitude.

Image0032.jpg

and one I did for a mate.....although it looks kinda bright in the pic its much nicer in the flesh :eek:)

Image0297.jpg

uber cool said:
SkidMark II - nice engines, what sort of paint do you use?

the one in the frid is powder coated. Another mate just got all his done at the right time when they were running black and got it all covered for £40

I personally use hammerite......in the good old hammered effect. I know most of you will now say "why" but it works for me, it now comes in other colours and it protects the feck out the timware :D

Will post a pic up of the finished engine when I got it done in the gold bling colour :lol:

AxlFoley said:
nice one, thanks. some nice ideas there.

there are loads of ideas out there dude......but mainly comes down to how deep your pockets are or how handy you are 8)

hidden linkage for carbs, leads going through fan housings hiding coils and so on.

I love this engine, note the lack of fuel pump, dizzy and coil.

callookovaalvanbarry011.jpg

when i get round to building a stroker engine for the bug will do something similar but just make it a bit more "colourfull"

IMAG00013.jpg

some of the tinwear matches lol.

it looked alright before the huge layer of filler dust settled.

Pics are a bit blurry. Its a Richard Sterling and European Motorworks built 2065, CB crank and 110 cam, CB deep sump, Jake Raby type 1 DTM shroud + type 4 oil cooler, Magnaspark II ignition system, CB performance Quicktune EFI system, BDM Serpentine Titan Pulley kit, CB performance bolt on rocker covers and jaycee pushrod tubes, 95 AMP alt.

I was going to match the shroud to the bus Chianti Red but i thought it might be over kill, and it was nicely gel coated black anyway so just went with a few billet red bits including the pulleys. It looks dusty in the photos as they are a bit grainy.

JohnnysMotor3.jpg

JohnnysMotor2.jpg

JohnnysMotor1.jpg

[youtube]9-DERgR4rXQ[/youtube]

Planning to turbo it as soon as i have it run in a bit more.

Johnny said:
Pics are a bit blurry. Its a Richard Sterling and European Motorworks built 2065, CB crank and 110 cam, CB deep sump, Jake Raby type 1 DTM shroud + type 4 oil cooler, Magnaspark II ignition system, CB performance Quicktune EFI system, BDM Serpentine Titan Pulley kit, CB performance bolt on rocker covers and jaycee pushrod tubes, 95 AMP alt.

I was going to match the shroud to the bus Chianti Red but i thought it might be over kill, and it was nicely gel coated black anyway so just went with a few billet red bits including the pulleys. It looks dusty in the photos as they are a bit grainy.

JohnnysMotor3.jpg

JohnnysMotor2.jpg

JohnnysMotor1.jpg

[youtube]9-DERgR4rXQ[/youtube]

Planning to turbo it as soon as i have it run in a bit more.

that looks mental johnny

8)