pic request of bare chassis`

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakalino

Reaction score
hi guys,
i was wondering if i could call upon your fountain of knowledge.
ive spent a good few hours taking up the floor in my bay and looking at the chassis. it looks like there are some parts missing towards the back wheel on the nearside and the entire offside strut is missing (its a resto project) i was wondering if anybody had any photos of a bare chassis with no panels on it so i can see how its supposed to be?
cheers
Adam

Had a look but no joy. Why don't you post a pic of what you have/haven't got?

Not a lot of help I`m afraid as I can`t do links and stuff, but there`s a crazy chap known as Happy Stamps that has virtually finished restoring his chassis (now for the rest of the bus), he`s done a fairly detailed and photographed re build on it over on VZI, I think it`s under readers restos or similiar, well worth a look as it`s fairly detailed and Simon himself is mad as a box of frogs, I laugh every time I browse for something new on there. Good luck with it, and maybe a Bentley manual ?? they have loads of very very clear piccys.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,Lookin forward to your piccies :mrgreen:

Just thought of something else :?: :idea: :idea: , There is a particularly handsome bus for sale on here from Oz, and Kev Donlon has it for sale, but if you want to see an exceptionally well spruced up and protected chassis, then you may want to look at these pics. This bus has an absolute stunner of a chassis :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

cheers guys, I tried to photograph it but its a bit hard to make out what with the angles and stuff. i'll put one up later tonight.

there's a few pics of the chassis i've restored on my volkszone thread- taken with the van on a roller so you can see everything. skip to the last page on this link-
http://www.savethebay.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know if this is useful, but here is a view of a stripped splitscreen van:

http://www.flat4free.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70877&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my god! happystamps, thats a right thread there! ive read it front to back, everytime i feel disheartened im gonna read it again...hero

cheers for that aswel splitt, ive a pretty good idea of where to start now :)

I thought you`d like that one with Happy Stamps (Simon), when it`s all going wrong, just get on there and feel inspired :mrgreen: , if that bus is getting saved, and nicely too, then yours should be OK ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, He IS mad as a box of frogs though :lol: (and a nice bloke) :lol: ;) :lol:

Latest posts