places to buy?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob-stone

Reaction score
hi peeps, i'm new in town.

I have wanted to get a van for about a year now, fingers crossed, by this summer i will have one.

trouble is i dont see as many as i would like for sale. Or am i not looking hard enough?

If you have any good links, let me know.

.....also
anyone had any experience with these lot http://www.kieftenklok.nl/
im really tempted by a few they have on offer, but i dont want dive in, then find its a complete ball ache to get it over here, etc...

Hey mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Wate till later on in the year and I can almost guarantee there will be more up for sale say around March/April time or even later if you can hang on that long?

Kieftenklok! I have heard only good reports about these boys and there is a thread about already somewhere about them.

All the best finding a van and welcome to the forum buddy.

:lol:

It's not a big deal importing a van from Europe. It will need MOT, Insurance, Then take £38 with a form & sales receipt & old log book etc to the VRO.

You can drive it back on the ferry.

You will get a better price if you buy now, but not such good choice. Prices will start to rise in the next few months.

With the high interest rates it might keep the prices a bit keener for a while but I wouldn't count on it.

Mine was from KnK

Looked at the website, saw one I fancied, asked for extra pictures which they sent. Rang them up and chatted the van through, and bought on the phone!
I could have gone across to see it cheaply, and would reccomend you do so if youre unsure, however, they are easy to deal with, and emphasised the point that they would take the van back if it wasnt as described.
It took a week or so to arrive as they gave it a tune and service, and rang me to let me know the mechanical problems they had found. I collected it form the docks on the Saturday, and it was MOT'd by Thursday.
It was better than described and Im chuffed to bits with it.
They gave me lots of post sale help with registering it and were always polite and friendly.

cheers for the info

i'm doin' quite abit of research/day-dreaming at the mo, as this will be my first van.
(dont judge me) but iv spent alot of my time bombing about in classic minis.

so expect more questions from me in the future :D

Also have a look at the for sale sections on the Volkszone website and the Volksworld Camper and Bus magazines as well as other good VW mags :lol:

As scampi says, keep your eyes peeled in the VZI classifieds etc plus your local papers as you can sometimes get a cheeky bargain off a student who wants to sell their van due to lack of funds!

If you don`t mind a lefty then http://www.kieftenklok.nl/ is a great place to start.

Good luck on your hunt fella, and let us know if there is anything we can do. :D

I got mine from knk too

wouldn't hear a bad word said about them

they tell the truth, are lovely guys as well as great mechanics, and the prices are good (haggle and expect a fair bit off posted price)

I flew out and drove mine back

got a cheeky weekend in amsterdam that way too, which i have to say did nearly cause a few problems with dutch customs, but not quite for the reasons you might think :wink:

Latest posts