• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

POLO Mk2F for sale. - NOW SOLD.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete B

Reaction score
Not in, but 9 miles north of Peterborough
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Bus
Due to a change in my personal circumstances, it would simplify matters to go from 3 vehicles to 2.
So, up for grabs is my;

1992 Polo CL Coupe, 1.3 cat with single point EFI
5 speed manual
Mot to 9th May 2014
Tax to 31st May 2014
101,748 miles (will increase, it's the 'daily')
Original owners folder with all the handbooks etc (even the business card of the salesman who sold it new!)
Every Mot certificate, which backs up the mileage.
Original dealer sticker in windscreen and rear number plate surround.
A big pile of receipts for parts/work done.
Never welded.

Previous owner I believe replaced the discs and pads along with rear brakes.
Tyres, 165/60R14, are at worst half worn.

Since I got it (approx. 650 miles ago) it has had;
New LuK 3 piece clutch
New manual clutch cable
New timing belt
New water pump
New oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, cooling system flushed and new antifreeze/coolant.

All parts used are OEM or equivalent quality. I was intending to keep it long term so used top notch parts.

Car drives great, really nippy, cheap to run, loads of fun to hack around in! Truly sorry to see it go, but needs must.

Some pics;

The not so good bits;

The only significant rust on the car, there are obviously a few little spots and chips.

This joint on the gear linkage needs replacing. It currently works absolutely fine, nice and precise shifting but is lockwired in place, not as VW intended. If I get chance I'll pick one up and fit it, only a 5 minute job.

Also some of the stitching on the upholstery is coming undone, not a huge amount and not a problem so someone who uses a needle and thread. I use spanners, so it's not my thing!

Please remember this is a 21 year old car, not everything will function like new, but most important and expensive components have just been changed. Please ask questions and come and have a look/drive if seriously interested.

I'm asking £650 but make me an offer. Considering the parts replaced and work done, I think it's a fair price.

Thanks for looking, Pete.

(Oh yes, I'm located just north of Peterborough)

Hello Pete, would be interested for my daughters first car but need to get some insurance quotes! :shock:
What's the lowest u would take as u are open to offers?
Pm me if u like.

Michael :D

Latest posts