Pop Top canvas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyhippo

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the answers! :oops:
Where is the best place to get a replacement pop top canvas?? There are lots of different prices & obviously qualities but where did you get yours & how happy are you with it?? Also, where would you avoid getting one from? Thanks Peeps. 8)

My brother had the cheaper version from JK - was in my opinion a bit on the thin side and looked cheap compared to my OG westie one - I have seen the gowesty ones (think they are sold by a couple of different places) and these are much heavier, come in canvas or modern type material and have bigger windows - but obviously cost twice as much!

Would be interested in anyone with "proud to pop" canvas as they come in funky colours 8)

Have a Wolfsburgwest one from c+c - well happy with it!
Bought a cheaper one first (have a sift thro my posts) and fitted it only to have problems with the fly mesh, so ended up buying the best quality one and fitting it all over again but glad i did now :msn4:

simo said:
Have a Wolfsburgwest one from c+c - well happy with it!
Bought a cheaper one first (have a sift thro my posts) and fitted it only to have problems with the fly mesh, so ended up buying the best quality one and fitting it all over again but glad i did now :msn4:
This happens more than you would like to think.

brought a 2nd hand jk one in good condition. its not too bad. however it did have a couple of splits in the fly mesh, which have got worse. if you have the cash go for a better one. also when i replaced mine i used upholstery staples but they pulled out. ended up having to nail carpet nails around and it seems to hold well

Got the JK ones it good same prob with the fly screen but easily fixed thread and glue also a spray of waterproofing helps but other than that no worries as they used to say

I got one of the cheap (Chinese ?) ones off eBay for £150, then researched it after and got a bit worried, anyway went ahead and fitted it (bottom to top) and am really pleased with it, although did think it seemed a little thin. Just remains to see how it will stand the test of time. I think it's the same one as on cool-out for £169.

Latest posts