Porsche Front Disc brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubBGood2Me

Reaction score
Question for the technical gurus out there.

I'm busy upgrading my 1970 crew cab to Porsche discs at the front. I've used French slammer 944 dropped spindles and the 944 discs and calipers. I'm renewing all the brake pipes and have bought a new dual circuit master cylinder from c&c.

However I'm wondering if I need to add either a pressure regulator or a servo. Obviously this will improve braking but are they necessary now that I'm running discs at the front and drums at the back?

Would you need a brake bias valve?

Just to stop the rear drums locking up if you slammed the brakes on?

i have done the same but I am going to use a porsche 944 master on my 68 westy and that has the bias belt in, not sure yet how stiff this will make the pedal

I might look into the Porsche master cylinder. Is it a straight fit?

Will the dual circuit master cylinder that I have, not have a similar set up though?

I used a Late bay non servo master cylinder. I hope this should distribute the braking pressure correctly but I intend to test it as soon as I have my bus on the road.

My brother has a 72 crossover with factory disc set up and that does have some sort of valve either a pressure regulator or brake compensator valve.

Hi, I've just swapped my 70 crew cab to 944 discs and standard drums rear no servo fitted only drove it short run but stopped well didn't feel like it needed servo.

Latest posts