Post your drive away awnings?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An old one of mine with the JK Spacemaker. Great Awning and had it for a good few years now without any trouble atall :mrgreen:

New011.jpg

Sorry, no pics but we've got a Khyam Driveaway and like Childsey, it's great for us and the kids. But like Blogroed, managed to split a couple of the poles at Vanfest - bit too windy and not quite sussed the right sequence... Great awning, shite poles...

A mate of mine has a Gelert tent which is almost identical to the Driveaway - I've bought a set of Gelert poles which seem to be much better than the originals which came with the Khyam

blogdroed said:
Childsey, do you have a problem with the poles on your Khyam? I have exactly the same awning and there are countless split poles :(
Hi Blogdroed, sorry for late reply, just found this thread :roll:
No problems with my poles, but only used it 6 or so times.
Cheers Paul.

My Khyam something or other (cant remember) easy to unzip and fall into when paraletic drunk.

SANY0501.jpg

How do you like the royal traveler? Been looking at one of these forsale an am really tempted few problems with mine

Doesn't go well with a lowered vehicle at all
And doesn't like winds because of it :S

Dave

jacks906 said:
How do you like the royal traveler? Been looking at one of these forsale an am really tempted few problems with mine

Doesn't go well with a lowered vehicle at all
And doesn't like winds because of it :S

Dave

Hi Mate

I think its great, its got steel poles so great in the wind and attaches to the bus via the gutter with a pole and clamps. Big enough for the 5 of us for a few nights and when in cornwall the other year it pissed down for 12 hours and we stayed dry :lol:

Also I can put it up on my jack which is a bonus.

Just

Just

blogdroed said:
A mate of mine has a Gelert tent which is almost identical to the Driveaway - I've bought a set of Gelert poles which seem to be much better than the originals which came with the Khyam

Hi there, I've got the self same problem with my poles.
Can you tell me where you got your poles from, and where they the same diameter and length etc.

I've looked on the Gelert site and all the poles on there seem to be much thinner than the ones original to the awning i've got.

What tent/awning has your mate got?

Thanks.

Sorry, only just seen your post!

I live just down the road from Warws, Gelert's HQ in Beddgelert and I picked them up there - they are in the back of the bus at the moment (which is in my mate's unit being welded) but I'll popo down this weekend and get the model no. for you.

Latest posts