Post your drive away awnings?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Just a quick question, how do you manage with roofracks and attaching the awning with either figure of eight or pole fixing?
Pics would be helpful. :)

This has always bugged me, :? some clamp/tie it to the rack. I use a 2 bow rack for my spare wheel so no prob if fixed over cab. :)click on link, then click on Kador convertor & all is explained in video. ;)

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=758&product=Motordome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Tourer

I think you can fasten it to the far side of the rack with that method, seems a pain getting the rack off though not so bad for you as your lowered. ;)

Try this for size, fits using figure of eight.
DSC_0280_341.jpg

It's 6mtrs x 3mtrs approx.
DSC_0278_339.jpg

And here's one of the inside
DSC_0276_337.jpg

Ample room for the 2 of us and our dog Mollie

Are they the standard supplied pegs your using there?

Looks ace and lots of space!

Andy1564 said:
We've recently got an Outwell Mountain Road, used it last weekend for the first time. Very impressed with it.

CIMG5870.jpg

Just been looking at the video for this awning on justkampers website - is there access to the van from the awning?

The way I make the awning fit with a roof rack is to cut the figure 8 into sections that fit between the clamps. This way you just thread them on the awning in the right order and provided there is enough tension they hold also very little if any rain comes in because it ends up in the gutter first. :D

debsandsi said:
The way I make the awning fit with a roof rack is to cut the figure 8 into sections that fit between the clamps. This way you just thread them on the awning in the right order and provided there is enough tension they hold also very little if any rain comes in because it ends up in the gutter first. :D

Thanks for that information, :D thinking about it it's the most logical way & cheapest just have to go back to the fiqure 8 when using the roof rack & bugger the pole & clamp. :lol:

rustydiver said:
Here's mine I havnt got a clue what's it's called have not used it for a while.
re2.jpg

I like this one a lot, not too big and matches your bus really well. I like how the poptop almost looks part of it.

& the one below suits it's bus too loving the big windows!
I defo think the old ones are the best!!!!

032-7.jpg

Here's mine!!!!

Latest posts