Post your drive away awnings?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blogdroed said:
Sorry, only just seen your post!

I live just down the road from Warws, Gelert's HQ in Beddgelert and I picked them up there - they are in the back of the bus at the moment (which is in my mate's unit being welded) but I'll popo down this weekend and get the model no. for you.

Cheers Dude!

The Gelert tent is a Horizon8 but the poles I bought don't have any markings bar being Gelert poles!
Hope that helps.

blogdroed said:
The Gelert tent is a Horizon8 but the poles I bought don't have any markings bar being Gelert poles!
Hope that helps.

Cheers for that, i'll get on the case!

We've replaced our old Motent with an Outwell Country Road from http://www.tauntonleisure.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( was less than £200 ). It's a nice spacious, airy awning but it is big and does ideally need two people to put it up.

DSCF2224.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

Very pleased with it for a longer stay :D .

Hey guys, just a qucik question

I am thinking about a motordome sleeper but just want to clarify something.

Where the awning is attached to the van, is there anything that covers
the gap between the bottom of the van to the ground ? or do you
all just leave it open ? surely on windy nights the air must rush through
into the awning no ?

cheers for any replies peeps.

PICT0078.jpg

Not an awning i know but a handy tent for £35 from Argos which was very handy at Bugjam.
Somewhere for the loo to wash and put things out of the rain.Front door has poles for a sun/rain shade to

Khyam driveaway sleeper.....

23072011710.jpg

To be honest, not that impressed. Poorly made (something seems to be a new problem every time we use it), hard to pitch and nowhere near as good as we hoped. On the upside, bedroom space is epic and doesn't encroach on the living area and it stayed dry when other tents didn't. Everyone else seems to love their Khyams, maybe we got a duff one? :?

We've now gone for a used Khyam Motordome Sleeper as I can put it up on my own. The Driveaway XC was huge and a good awning, just difficult to erect singlehandedly.
After a very wet August Bank Holiday camp, I bought the Classic Annexe to give a bit more room and stop the rain pissing into the awning every time the door is opened...

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

With regards to the gap under the van, we use an awning skirt.

Navigator XL
pretty good quite easy to put up but a two man job. Just about big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids :)
I have got the bedroom but never used it so can`t comment

068.jpg

067.jpg

065.jpg

We would use a simple pop up canopy back home in Australia. Erects and folds away in seconds.

Probably not ideal in UK conditions but perfect on a sunny day or a short stop when you can't be bothered messing about with poles.

You'll also notice my old dog Ziggy. Miss the big fella heaps.

TarraValley013.jpg

Here's mine:
P1000953Large.jpg

P1010219Large.jpg

Nice and heavy canvas, takes about a half an hour and two people to put it up.
Bought it for the price of a small "2 seconds decathlon tent" :lol: , from someone who used it once...

Aircooled greetz,

Humby 8)

Same as Sparky me, Motordome with Annexe, good bit of kit the Annexe gives you that bit of
extra space to dump stuff in like Fridge & bodyboards

NorthDevon2010018.jpg

Here's mine, 2 poles and can be popped up in about 10 mins :mrgreen:

026.jpg

025.jpg

Has an internal tent but haven't bothered using that yet as only the 2 of us so just gives that bit extra space! Also has a door on each of the 3 sides so you can open it up like a gazebo :msn4:

Hi every body, im looking at buying an awning for my early bay 1971. It need to be at least a 2 berth and works well. lol cheers scottie

Latest posts