Power steering conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geezerblast said:
Has any one done a rhd Astra rack on a lhd bay
I bought a lhd 106 rack the same as rascal
But would like to go power

Red9 put one on their wishbone kit, but it proved so light that it made it dangerous to drive so they tell me.........

I recon with a bit of thought and some welding skills an electric system from a Clio should be doable, but not sure its worth the effort, just get a bigger steering wheel ;)

you can get a kit ,can remember who from ,but its a £1k jobish.easy to fit though as done one at MEB.speed sensitive as well so ok.

Here you go, http://www.litesteer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; reviews seem candy... Is it worth the 1000? Depends on whose the driver.

To bad it wasnt a factory option!

Hi

£1000 for steering, or pay a little more and have red9 wishbone set up, sell your old front end for a few hundred quid, job done, then you'll have front discs, better steering and fully adjustable suspension? Or am i missing something?

Cheers

Alistair

the one we fitted was because the owner had a stroke so unable to turn steering ,fine for the feeble if a bit on the pricy side but a simple to fit kit any one with a little mechanicalness about them could instal 8) only down side is it dont fix your knackered steering box :msn4:

thanks for the replies
going to have a go my self not going astra .
just seen honda civic have a esp rack abit like the astra and the motor is conected to the rack then you will need ecu speed sensor
etc

Latest posts