Project Beryl, 1970 tintop resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loverly pictures 8)

Looks like you all had fun and great that the van performed!

Well as the good weather ends, the work on the bus still seems to carry on. Just had to sort a leaky brake line and now I need to replace the pulley, but I guess it's still running and hasn't let me down.

I have made some new kick panels as the upholstered ones didn't fit, but to be honest I like the ply. I also fitted some bamboo shelves.

Also a recent interior shot, still some bits to finish but getting there.

I did a quick overnight biking trip with my eldest which was great fun, no tent or hassle, just pulled up and that was us sorted.

It might be the last camping weekend of the year, so some time to get everything sorted for next year now.

Couldn't resist getting it on the seafront

Marshmallows

just had a read through of your thread, good work and so quick!

Seeing you getting out and about really makes me want to get on with mine and get out camping.

Great pitures good to see it being enjoyed :D

In the last picture, are you sure you are old enough to be owning a bay let alone driving ;)

Great pictures :mrgreen:

quality bus mate,

exactly how i want mine, nice and simple with just a rock n roll bed and a buddy seat in the back

So I have been on with a few bits recently, I finished off all the interior panels, and carpeted the boot.

Looks neat, but other than that it's probably a bit over the top.

Then added some LED stripping under the dash, looks cool and wanted to have a missile switch on the dash. The kids love it!!

The next project has turned into a bit of a saga... I ordered some very cool whitewalls from MR Whitewalls and they arrived and looked the dogs. However after much research of tyre sizes they were just 2 wide for my rims.

So I ordered 2 new rims as mine were US versions and are wider than the std 5.5", 1 arrived and I promptly fitted the tyre and it still rubbed.

Mr Whitewalls very kindly swapped me the 185's for 175's, but I am now still waiting for that 2nd rim, 2 months later with no stock date and unable to return the other one as it has been used to mount a tyre. So I am still without whitewalls.....

Undersealing: A pal from the local club kindly let me use his hobby shop to undersell the van. Under the van is really clean and solid and had been wax oiled last year. I under estimated how long the masking off and sealing would take but after a full day, I was pleased that I had done a really good job of it.
Yoda van...

Love your wheels!! Like seriously love them. Hope you get it all sorted so we can see all four.
I like the carpet idea too, makes the back seem a bit warmer and comfier. Might have to steal that idea too.
:D

The trip of many breakdowns, a half term trip with 3 girls that became a nightmare, due to a dodgy carb and a dodgy battery. Basically it kept dying at junctions.... the girls had a great time...

Went to an Abbey, and is was closed during the half term so picnic in the van...

catching up on photos, Sunday lunch drive out in the van with the family, and my folks in their MG. This time she died on me in the middle of a dual carriageway...

Also just managed to find someone to make me a new hammock, I had bought an original one last year with the adjustable poles, but the hammock itself wasn't wide enough. So I had this made...

works well with a 7 year old, and they were both fighting over it while camping, so a result...

Last weekend was the first camping trip of the year, not ideal but I have done my back in so its a bit tricky. So not looking good for the van this year.

Still plenty of work to do on her...

So I have finally got the whitewalls on, it's a bit tight still on one rear, so need to address that. But now I need to go lower... any suggestions?

Latest posts