Project rehab 69.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubdubz said:
Those look nice...they possibly do nothing more than stock? , but I like the fact they are not so bulky.

It's on my list but so is many many other things..... :lol:

They basically do what the first photo on the box says they do :)

plus they were 10 bucks cheaper then getting rubber lines, so might as well upgrade to something better :)

Well, she couldnt drive the bus and they wanted it to go to someone who would take care of it. Originally wanted 1000, but talked them down lol

800 bucks! Are you sh$*ing me!
That would be £8000 in England! I need to move, what a bargain.

Victory lap complete WOOHOOOOO!!!!

I need tires bad, these are horrible.

Here it is after its first lap in years.

2011-11-19_15-03-00_41.jpg

I love it. And I want it. It's that simple. What tires you getting?

MiniSpdRcr said:
myvanway 69 said:
Looks kinda familiar :D

Very nice indeed. 8)

Lol yes it does...but yours is in 100 times better shape.

Wont stay like it for long now its in the UK!! :( :lol:
I would have kept the interior in if it was in as good as condition as yours. 8)
V.good find indeed!
Keep us updated..

Cheers.
Paul.

Well what has happend since the last time...

Got Married

fought with the bus to get it running right. Had a friend come over who has been a great help with this engine. We couldnt get it to start and run right with the vacuum advance distributor.

Switched it back to the 009, still ran like crap. What the crap is going on, we pulled the plug from cylinder 1 (plugs looked good, not enough to make a difference as we have seen worse looking ones) to check to see if it was on top stroke and checked the valves to make sure it was TDC. It was...Hmm...

So I go to start it up again just to listen to it fail on cylinders 3 and 4. He pulles off the plug wire from the distributor on plug 4...VROOM it comes to life.

He said lets go ahead and swich the plugs. Went and got some NGK (all other stores had none or just one of a plug, they had 4 of the NGKs, couldnt pass that up) One store told us that the Bosch plugs did not come with just 4 numbers for the part number. W8AC...that looks like 4 to me and the woman argued with us on the phone that there is no way it could be that.

Put them in, turned the key and WHOA night and day difference. It runs like a CHAMP!

Here is a picture of what the plugs looked like that we pulled

2012-05-18_16-15-09_761.jpg

2012-05-18_16-15-14_314.jpg

PS...we kept the 009 in there as it works now :) Once I have more time to just tinker and not want to finally use the bus I will switch it over

What's $800 in GBP, about £500 ? you can only just get a door card set for that ! Not sure what's more ridiculous, that it's so cheap in the states or that it's so expensive in the UK. :roll:

I think I just lucked out with the purchase :) But the parts that I got with it I could sell for quite a bit to you guys ;)

I slapped these on the bus after I found them under the seat (have all 4)
IMG_20120519_164043.jpg

and the wife also loves the bus so she lets me spend money on it.

Well it has been a while since I have posted here...but here she is, with new tires and a first journey under her :)

2012-09-01_14-35-39_755.jpg

2012-09-01_14-35-23_423.jpg

2012-09-01_14-35-49_567.jpg

First trip it took was on the highway went about 55-65mph. Nothing seemed weird or went wrong (thank goodness)

2012-09-16_12-20-33_74-1.jpg

Here it is at its new house

2012-09-16_13-53-52_257.jpg

2012-09-16_13-57-11_924.jpg

Latest posts