• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Propex Heater Group Buy - Orders completed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTetley

Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered a propex group buy? It seems to be a popular way of getting a great deal for like minded customers.
I'm going to be having one put in my van when it come back from paint but havent bought it yet.
I haven't approached the manufacturer or suppliers yet but wouldn't mind having a look at it if there was enough interest.

Kev

Hey Kev,, sorry to tell you this,,, but there was one about last year that one of the Petes sorted, I think it was Pete nice in fact I`mm 99% sure it was. But you never know,,, there may be enough people that missed out on that one and have got cold bits and pieces now that you may get a few interested and possibly a few newer peeps.

Ozziedog,,,, Got mine,,,,,,,, Looks fantastic on the shelf in my garage !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not off hand mate, but it was about this time last year, funny enough can`t find the receipt, I`ll pop down the garage and have a look in my hidden drawer (away from Mrs Ozziedog).. :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, No receipt,,,,,,,, No Packdrill :msn4: 8) :msn4:

Got caught out lovely there mate,, she was looking over my shoulder (sneaky little minx) as I posted it she said it was £400 it`s in your cheque stubb if you want to have a look, so I did,, she was right, spot on. Do you think she can actually read my mind ???? It`s a bit spooky when she just appears from nowhere, (probabley a witches spell) he says as he glances casually over his shoulder.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, If she turns me back into a frog,,,,,,,,, :lol: ;) :lol:

Cheers. Watch you back!

I found Petes thread - I wonder if there's any mileage in another buy? Pete?

Kev

I've contacted Pete to see if he's interested in doing another one or if he can point me in the right direction.
I will need mine in the next 4-6 weeks or so.

Any other interest? Looking at last years deal they seemed to make a 10% saving.

Kev

If we are talking about the HS2000 then I'd be interested if the saving is near last year's (VAT increase accounted for :? ). Can't really afford the combo electric/gas one though.

Tom

I'd better start a list of 'potentials' / 'interested parties' and see how we get on then:

1. Ktetley
2. Slammedresto
3. Tomedwar72

i'm interested - i liked the idea of the combined elec/gas one - but out of my budget. so just the regular one for me

i'm interested - i liked the idea of the combined elec/gas one - but out of my budget. so just the regular one for me

I might be interested, i run J tubes need to sort out some sort of heating system, again though it would be the basic package

Thanks Johnny

Interest so far. There must be enough for deal.

1. Ktetley
2. slammedresto
3. tomedwar72
4. r73
5. froggy
6. six

Hi!

Add me too - once we know what the actual cost will be of course........ :msn4:

1. Ktetley
2. slammedresto
3. tomedwar72
4. r73
5. froggy
6. six
7. aogrady

Cheers!

Alistair

Well thats a good start. 7 of us interested - must be worth a deal. I will try and call them tomorrow and see what they can offer.
We're looking at the Heatsource 2000 which is retailing at £425 inc VAT.
Spec as follows:

Propex Heatsource 2000
The HS2000 has a single outlet and is delivered with a Thermostatic Control Box,
1Mtr of ducting, 0.75Mtr Flexible Stainless Steel Exhaust and Combination Air Inlet Pipe
Directional outlet & Inlet Grills, Brackets, Cables and Fasteners.
Special Features:

Fast warm up time
Runs on clean burning Butane & Propane gas
Quiet thermostatic operation
Digital timer thermostat available
Low electrical current consumption
Compact and easy to install
Reduces condensation
High quality motor with ball race bearings
Advanced micro-processor electronics
Self diagnostic fault finding system
Tested for use on the move

Fully CE compliant and tested to the latest European standards

Stainless steel burner and heat exchanger with clean combustion gives maintenance free durability

Complies with all UK and EU safety regulations

Comes with Heat tube and directional vents, Exhaust and inlet tubes, thermostat, wirnig looms fixing brackets and clips etc and
instructions

The only things you need to get are some 8mm copper pipe and any gas fittings that you may need.

Safety

Heatsource blown air heaters conform to the latest European standards for both the appliance and
the electronics and during the rigorous testing the focus is very much on safety.

The intelligent electronics are continuously monitoring the operation of the heater to make sure everything is operating correctly
and safely.

This includes monitoring of the flame, case temperature, combustion airflow, gas solenoid valve and voltage.

Should any of these stray outside of the predetermined levels, the heater will be switched off and the red light on the thermostat
will indicate a fault by flashing a certain number of times.

As well as being perfect for buses this new unit, due to it's size lends it's self to to being fitted to all the range of VWs,
just think, heat at the touch of a switch. Size:-312mm long x 168mm wide x 95mm high, comes with dedicated fitting kit.

GAS

Butane (blue bottles) freezes at approx 0 degrees
Propane (Red bottle) freezes at approx -30 degrees

So for winter use Propane is the better gas ot use all other gas appliances will run off this gas,full details are enclosed with the
heaters

1. Ktetley
2. slammedresto
3. tomedwar72
4. r73
5. froggy
6. six
7. aogrady
8. scooper

Latest posts