• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Propex Heater Group Buy - Orders completed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spoken with Propex today, they're happy to give a discount to an Earlybay group-buy again.
Its not a massive saving on the full retail price but every little helps.

The price is based on an a minumum order for 10 units of HS2000 models including the full fitting kit for an early van.
There will be pipework from your chosen gas bottle to be supplied yourself.

Price = £391 including VAT (a saving of £34 on the lowest retail price)

They have also offered a discount on the optional programmable timer.

Price = £70 including VAT (a saving of £14 on the lowest retail price).

They have offered to post out to each buyer individually for an additional £12 per person - looks like to easiest option.
Units are brand new supplied with standard warranty and fitting instructions. They seem very helpful a pleased to work with the VW community.

So......what do we think?

If we can muster up 10 buyers I'm happy to sort it out. Direct transfers to my bank account and I will sort out the order and postage details for everyone.

Can the 8 of us that have shown interest so far let me know your thoughts please so we can see if there is a deal to be done:

1. Ktetley (yes, HS2000, no timer, postage)
2. slammedresto
3. tomedwar72
4. r73
5. froggy
6. six
7. aogrady
8. scooper

The units are in stock so quick lead time. I'd be looking to close the group-buy within a week or so, clear funds and order within a couple of days thereafter - even quicker if everyone reacts........still need 2 more buyers though!

Cheers

Kev

nice work, some saving is still a saving. im in, no timer for me though

Sorry i'm out unable to convince the wife :cry: thanks for getting the info from propex

thanks for getting the info, i'll most likely being going ahead but................
and please dont get me wrong i'm not moaning or ungrateful its just it doesnt seem as good a deal as i expected.

If you check out bluebirds prices
£425 inc vat and delivery
£72.50 for timer or
£490 for both

it equates to
£22 (5%) saving on the unit
£2.50 (3.5%) on the timer or
£17 (3.5%) for both

ok, heres the moany bit!
man, i've been dropping my wages and doing deals for about 18 months now and just reckon if someone offered me just over 4k's worth of business i'd do better than 5% :?: then again maybe they dont need to.

Is it worth me contacting bluebird and see if they can do anything, if theres enough in it for them it would be good to give them the business - they're good guys :?

cheers

I agree fellas, it's not a massive saving, but if you look at the thread from last January it's about the same deal the group buy got then. EB members have already done 2 group buys in the last 2 years so you can see where propex are coming from. I guess most of us were going to buy one anyway. By all means try bluebird and see what they can offer.

Hi - just spoken to bluebird - they are interested and are looking into it - will let you know as soon as i hear anything
cheers
Rob

Right, sorry its taken a while, I spoke to Bluebird today, the best they can do is 415 delivered. They didnt mention a minimum order, just said if we order online and mention Early Bay they will apply the discount.

What i didnt realise is that there prce of 425 is already reduced quite alot, so the reduction that propex were offering is obviously more than 5% I calculated.

I'm still in - lets see how many are interested and go from there.

cheers
Rob

just for comparison, when i got mine from bluebird it was the cheapest i could find on the net. by quite a lot on some prices, e.g. £520 @

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have just popped into the forum as I am not on here too often.

I think I ordered 20+ units last time & they were £380 each. I am pretty sure I could do at least the same deal if not better even with the vat increase.

I think I would go bold & open it up to a few big forums to get the numbers up.

I better buy a big box of Anadin too!

has anyone got a Grassroots Leisure catalogue?

I was flicking through it recently & think I seen them selling Propex's for £324 + Vat.

I carried on flicking as I recently bought one off JK when they were doing a 'vouchers back' promotion.

I bought the propex & some other bits, took my spend to £500 & got either 12.5% or 15% of that value back in vouchers {I got back £75, which has now of course been spent}

Might even be worth asking JK if they'd repeat that deal for a bulk buy.

Just a thought.

I could probably get the price down to £365 all in if there were enough people. It could be run over other forums, I did SSVC too last time. I would need at least 10 orders.

i would most likely be in for that kind of money - sooner rather than later though!!

It would be the full kit as supplied by Propex, JK or Bluebird.

Here are the details on the Propex site: http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/air-heaters.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You get from memory, a 2000 watt heater, thermostat, duct pipe, exhaust pipe, 2 air vents & wiring.
You can add a 7 day timer if you want to be flash at extra cost, but really unless you are driving it daily then you won't need it.

You will need a gas bottle, rubber pipe, copper pipe, regulator & fittings, you can T off if you have a cooker already.

DSC00753.jpg

Hi, After years of looking, get the van next week. Wife says she won't get in it without some heating, so was after a propex heater. If you can get it for that price I'm definatley in!

Latest posts