Propex heaters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
Or any heaters for that mater of fact.

Herd the bluebird ones are good apparantely!

Thinking of getting one for the van for xmas off the lady.

Any information anybody?

Thanks

They are well good! if you have the room, Bruce has one in has and is often seen during the winter leaping around his van in shorts! :shock: not a pretty sight but it is well hot! You do need a fair bit of room for all of the bits but worth it if you don`t like the cold.

Remember it does need a qualified dude to put it in (according to regs!)

No real probs with it, apart from it can getquite condensated on the windows, when turned off, but hey thats a small price to pay for near tropical conditions 8) 8)

i've got one and fitted it myself. Legally you can fit it yourself but you can only get someone to fit it who is corgi registered. They usually want a copule of hundred to do it. It only took me a few hour to fit.

Heat when fitted correctly is absolutely amazing. Have used it for drying out wetsuits and sleeping bags that have got wet, as rear hatch seal leaked.

Highly reconmended and def worth the dosh. You can know get a 7 day timer for them so you can program it to come on at different times when your camping.

Where did you get yours from wanderlust? Is it a bluebird and what's a good price and what size are they? Are they a large unit?

got mine from bluebird. they also do the timer. think i paid about 400 two years ago. so price is still the same. the newer blue ones are a lot more tidy then the old red ones. the older red ones still sell secondhand for over 200, but they have a lot of pipes coming out the side. whereas the blue ones have all the pipes under the unit so take up less space.

mine is fitted under the bed and linked to a propane bottle in a side unit. So far i have helped to fit 3 systems and if i can do it anyone can.

comes with all fitting instructions and most of the parts. you just need to buy copper pipe and a floor mounted gas tap. no more than a tenner for both. can help with where to get the tap, took me weeks to find one as it needs to convert from rubber hose to pipe.

have also seen people join the heater into the van heater pipes so that you can get heat out of the orginal van vents, widow vents, door vents etc.

Otherwise you can buy a 'Y' shape join and run a longer pipe behind side units and vent into the cab as well as the back. This is my plan for the winter.

Problem with joining into your existing pipe work is that if any of it is a
bit suspect, you will start to lose some of your precious & expensive heat!!

:D
Cheers

i fitted it myself was not that hard to do ive got the new blue one does give out quite a bit of heat and with the therostat thing it will keep a constant temp in the bus

The main benifit is at shows and camping when theres no electric hook up and when changing when you come back fropm a winter surf and youve left it on :lol:

If I had the room, I would definately be tempted.

To little storage space in mine :cry:

yep no problems with it being on whilst you sleep. Everything is in a contained unit so is safe. Though i also have a carbon monoxide detector just to be even safer.

iv got one of the older red ones , its been fitted under the back seat for the past year and iv still not got around to finishing it :roll: that will be a job for next week :lol:

Latest posts