Propex heatsorce HS2211

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BARKING MARK

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new Propex Heatsource HS2211?. It can be mounted under the floor so you dont lose your storage space in the van.
Depending on price this could be a good alternative to the HS2000.
What do you guys think ?

mines the old propex, i have mine underneath from the off. was surpised when i read on here people wack them in the bed box :? its gone through this weather and runs when on the move. they only have a small cicuit board inside and a fan. i mounted it in a box and ran my exhaust through a heat exchanger inside and back out. not twice the heat but not far off.its on here somewhere. i spoke to a fella who runs one on his small fishing boat in salt and its been going for years.

this is the prototype ! exhaust runs through the small pipe ,air already hot from fan then blows over hot exhaust and into the van.. yes its sealed its same set up as on the engine but propex for heat and not the engine.
Picture528_zpsa2366c23.jpg

cotswoldiver said:
What a clever idea. Mine is inside under the r&r bed and I do miss the extra space it takes up

Thats exactly what i thought,apparently its galvanised to prevent corrosion and insulated to prevent any heat loss with it being under the van.

I saw the advert for this in one of this months mags. Very interested indeed. I did try to find a price but no joy at them moment. Just that they have been available in the US for some time now?

I probably won't get one until later in the year but definately interested in seeing one others have bought!

sparkywig said:
Retail price for the HS2211 is £532 plus VAT.

Thanks SparkyWig. Not knowing the price of these things (even other Propex heaters), I was thinking around £500. Seems rather expensive?

Mayber it will be under £500 by the time I get round to needing one :)

some one will shoot me down i know,but dont pay more for an external unit...when your van is in a garage or not through the winter its just as dampish inside as we all know surely. in an electrical control box from any electrical place or fleabay (all IP rated) which means the box is more water tight than a subs shiter! its going to be fine in there..try it. its not magic just a bit of rolling around on the floor. thats it. seal your cables in a gromit and heat silicon round other bits done. i mounted mine in the panel in the kitchen then just bolted to the floor. same as thermostat i binned that. its on or off.

Latest posts