PumpKINstien

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubbedup67 said:
lovely bus dude
im tempted my a red9 front end now.lol.

what roughly is the height your bus is sat at? and what size tyres have you got ?

not far off the height i want for my 68.

matt

I don't have exact height settings but my tyres front 175/55/15 rears (squeezed in) 195/65/15.

My engine is due to be assembled this week/maybe next so I have been prepping everything so I can drop the engine in as soon as I get it and give my bus a test drive. I adjusted my rear drums, new fluids, adjusted the handbrake, torqued up my drive shafts, then did a quick check over every bolt to ensure none were loose. I just need to torque and wire my gearshift rod and coupling. My next post in this thread will be engine in and smiles all round with my first proper drive.

Des

5erge said:
dubbedup67 said:
lovely bus dude
im tempted my a red9 front end now.lol.

what roughly is the height your bus is sat at? and what size tyres have you got ?

not far off the height i want for my 68.

matt

I don't have exact height settings but my tyres front 175/55/15 rears (squeezed in) 195/65/15.

My engine is due to be assembled this week/maybe next so I have been prepping everything so I can drop the engine in as soon as I get it and give my bus a test drive. I adjusted my rear drums, new fluids, adjusted the handbrake, torqued up my drive shafts, then did a quick check over every bolt to ensure none were loose. I just need to torque and wire my gearshift rod and coupling. My next post in this thread will be engine in and smiles all round with my first proper drive.

Des

cool cheers for that dude

ooh i shall keep my eye on this thread for those pics then dude

i need a new carb for my 68 then i can get her runnin n in for her MOT. :D

Well....engine in already...(saw you'r other thread)...;-).

Oh pfffffffff, only just almost fryday.....wait, wait, wait...

Looking forward how the van drives when the enigine is in. Just like de Red9 there is also an 1776 on my wishlist...wel just keep on working.

Okay so the engine has been in for a few months but with other duties around the house, new kitchen that I had to fit, I finally had a day to do some bus related fettling.

I did say I wouldn't post here till I had actually driven the bus and that's exactly what I did :mrgreen: With that Autotechniks 1914cc in the back it certainly picks up well in first and second, just not had the opportunity to try 3rd or 4th yet :lol: I did say it was a rather short drive right :roll:

Noticed a couple more things that need attention, the brake light switches on the master cylinder are both weeping and need to finish a few more electrical jobs. MY linkage works but is officially crap, so I have a nice roller bearing JMR item to go on but that can wait till it goes back to Autotechniks for a full check up.

The picture below is from when I first installed the engine, so it currently has a new throttle cable and two weber helper springs so the throttle snaps back to idle.

BTW the red9 wishbone setup is sweet, the steering resembles our Smart car, with that BIG steering wheel and 175 tyres the steering is light and precise.

P1030250.jpg

Des

toffo24 said:
I must me missing something here, wast the first engine a 1776?

Sorry, I had a rant in another thread about my 1776 which was built by Airspeed, sorry not built, thrown together with no care.

I had Autotechniks pull it apart and they uncovered a whole raft of other issue, so during the rebuild process they upped it to a 1914cc for me.

Des

After my release bearing broke up I replaced my clutch and pressure plate for stronger items, I've also replaced the clutch release fork with a HD bugpack item. No pictures of any of that stuff but I did replace my linkage as I was never truely happy with the CB/Hex hybrid setup I had installed.

So, I purchased a rather nifty item made by JKM

P1050161.jpg

P1050160.jpg

Gotta love that beefy return spring and the roller bearing for an ultra smooth response.

P1050159.jpg

Des

You take a good photo Dez. 8)

I've got a hex thing and you're right - horrible. :lol:

The Berg breather goes on, just need to plumb it in to the right hand air filter and job done.

P1060058_zps1aeeb506.jpg

Lovely bit of kit, so simple to fit.

P1060057_zpsc394bef1.jpg

Des

Completed the wiring of my '67panel' relay board, relocated my coil with a cheeky coke can cover I made up and gave everything a tidy up. Finally after all these years I am happy with the engine bay.

P1060074_zpsa99caa7a.jpg

P1060079_zps4f02a994.jpg

P1060076_zps547b11fc.jpg

Now onto the interior, finally 8)

Des

Latest posts