PumpKINstien

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks fantastic mate. there is a set of chrome 356's on here with caps for 200 notes that would look great on you bus ;)

looking forward to seeing it on the road

Got me some new rims, well 44 year old rims. Think it looks much better than with the 15" splitty steels. Not sure whether to paint the wheels bolts black or body colour. :|

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7640.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

Deep dish at the back 8) result is its mighty close to the arch, might need a little trim but it does not rub.

IMG_7642.jpg

Now I really must get a crack on with all the silly little jobs left to get her MOT'd.

Des

surfbus said:
:shock: Wow. just found your topic! Thanks to a member of the dutch bayclub VCt2...

Nice job with the lowering ! Love the 356's!! 8)
Haha came here the same way, Hi Died!

Again nice bus, Nothin'better than 14" steelies!

Hey dudes also here.

A cool bus it is...

At 5erge : are you gonna fit a rearbumper? Funny thing is that mine is missing the rearbumper to but wen the time is there I want one.

Remon T2a said:
Hey dudes also here.

A cool bus it is...

At 5erge : are you gonna fit a rearbumper? Funny thing is that mine is missing the rearbumper to but wen the time is there I want one.

Oh no I have the rear bumper, just haven't got round to fitting it back on. Thanks for the comments guys and one, thing they are not 356 steels :lol:

Des

Hey Des,
Which wheels are those? (sorry if you said earlier). I'd love a set for my bay!

Matt.

Frisco69 said:
Hey Des,

Matt.

They are Beetle slotted steels. I'm sure they are 66-67 only. The rears must have been banded to 5.5 and they have been done to an exceptional standard. I'm delighted with the stance now, just need to paint my wheel bolts black and get some dice caps or iron cross caps for the valves.

Des

5erge said:
Frisco69 said:
Hey Des,

Matt.

They are Beetle slotted steels. I'm sure they are 66-67 only. The rears must have been banded to 5.5 and they have been done to an exceptional standard. I'm delighted with the stance now, just need to paint my wheel bolts black and get some dice caps or iron cross caps for the valves.

Des

Blimey, I had a set on a '66 beetle I sold two years ago for £200.

Come on Des give us an update on how your getting on with the WB kit, What stance have you stuck with, how are the brakes?

Just

Almost there

My Slamwerks plates are on the back and the ride height has been tweaked, so this is the final stance

PICT1555.jpg

Jobs left

Install Flooring
Fit Creative seat bed
Delilah's are going to recover the vinyl panels in the back of the bus (want to get rid of those unsighlty holes left by the armrests)
Finish off my wiring
New window screen
Run the bus in

I've posted this mainly for me to push me through the last few stages before I get it MOT'd.

Des

Remon T2a said:
Great bus man.

But what kind of calipers en disc's do you have and is the 5x205 a bolt-on something in front?

I have late spindles on the front wishbones suspension so I am running late front discs with 205 adapters. The weather has been great for weeks now so not really getting anything done on my bus, I have been concentrating on sorting out my garden alhough I have Thursday ear marked to finish a few jobs, I have a new camera being delivered so will be a good opportunity to use it. :mrgreen:

I've had the bus almost 2 years now, I'm almost there though :oops:

Des

Des,
Just read the thread,that is a fantastic looking bus-love the colour and the stance-just a couple of questions,don't suppose you still have the wheels and the steering box do you? Could really do with a good box!
Let me know.
regards Paul

Pm'd you Paul.

Okay, so the a little update.

My flooring is down, just need to decide on the top layer.

Gave the floor a good coat of wax and laid down some underlay.

P1010511.jpg

Cut around the airvents

P1010514.jpg

Laid down the rest of my ply.

P1010513.jpg

Also the engine is with Autotechniks for a rebuild. I'm now sorting out the electrics, so I'm on the home straight, finally!

Cheers

Des

lovely bus dude
im tempted my a red9 front end now.lol.

what roughly is the height your bus is sat at? and what size tyres have you got ?

not far off the height i want for my 68.

matt

Latest posts