Push button to start the engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello has anyone done this :D
Also was thinking how cool it would to have a keypad switch which lit up a rocket launcher type switch that when you flicked up the red topgun styled cover and flicked it forward with your index finger it fires up :D

or am I just letting the sun get to my head now :D

I have one, the button is hidden under the dash. Its a home made jobby but was fitted professionally the at the last service. Just need to put the key in and press the button.

Dont know much about it, but it is handy.

not really, but i would guess tapped into the normal ignition as it does require a key in the ignition. I'm taking the dash off after i get back from liverpool on saturday ill see if i can take some photos for you.

that would be great if you could I am thinking that it should be wired up like:
the starter motor wire is on the same as the ignition and just a switch put further down the starter motor wire, just wondered if that was right or not, I don't wanna brake anything really :D

You are a true gent

You need one of these
switch.jpg

not going in bus , but replacing truck push starter on this
mybuggy.jpg

that looks pretty slick. i guess youd have to fit an immobliser to an electronic fuel pump or something if you wanted to go totally keyless?

hi johnny
still uses the key as the steering lock is still handy to have
& also a bit fiddly to disable
ps feels like N.I. in london today -cold & v-wet :(

my old estate had a "press once" button from a routemaster bus.
i just cut into the starter live on the ignition. get in turn the key onto live and push the button, cool as! :lol:

Mr Slammedkustom, is there anyway you could draw some diagram of how it would work on a van by cutting into the starter live as I have a cool switch, its a push button but doesn't stay on only when press which is what I guess you need :D

if you get your lecy tester and find the wire that is live only while you flick the key thats the one, if you keep the key to turn on the power then you are better protected from theft. if its just got a start button then your asking for trouble.
normally you will have 2 lives going to the ignition, one is the starter live so it only live while the key is on the last position, then it returns to the first position.
you want it so if you put the key in and turn it to the first position you get the dash light etc up then you press the button rather than turning the key to the second postion, make sure you use a very good quality switch of they can burn out quite easily :wink:

Nice one dude :D its that one on the link, you think it will be ok :D

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=19093&doy=23m8

NO

simple answer its current rating is only 1A

Sorry fella keep looking unless you want to run it using a relay then Yes go for it.

Memory serves its copper wire all the way to the fuse box onto ignition switch and back to solenoid..

1 Bosch WR-1 low-voltage relay kit is what you need apparently. see http://www.type2.com/ library - wiring diags - starter....

Latest posts