Pushrods rubbing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
Just putting new heads on my 1955cc engine, noticed on cylinder 1 that the pushrods are rubbing slightly on the top of the tube where they come out into the head. I'm running ratio rockers 1:1.25 and a 110 cam - anything I can do to stop the rubbing? If not will it cause any issues?

have you set valve geometary,push rod length and rocker angles ?when I built the 1903 with webb 93c cam(race)and 1.4 ratio rockers still had clerance.

I've just swapped like for like heads, due to one developing a crack. Was hoping it was just a simple change over. There were signs of rubbing on the pushrods from the previous build, so don't think it is anything I have done. Maybe the different tubes are worth a look.

Still I would check the rocker geometry ,when the valves are on 1/2 lift the rockers need to be parallel (wheres the spell check?)with the cylinder head.use rocker post shims to adjust.this is important as if its out you will get rocker /valve tip wear and also valve guide and it will affect performance/engine friction.

I had this and changed mine to JayCee extra clearance pushrod tubes.
http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Shop_by_Manufacturer~CB_Performance_Products/AC1091515/T1-P-T2-P-T3-P-T181_Silver_JayCee_Pushrod_Tube_Set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers guys - this "quick swap cylinder head" job is costing me a fortune! But I want it fixed correctly!

So after stripping both heads and replacing them, finding the wrong fan was installed, finding missing tinware - now need to replace the new pushrod tubes that I just bought and fitted yesterday ahhhhhhh!

I guess I can do this without taking the heads off - just loosen the heads and rockers? this is my first venture at such a job!

get the wide mouth adjusterbal that way you don't need to take the heads of only the rockers I know there expensive but they save time in the long run

Latest posts