putting rear seat bets in dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonbus

Reaction score
hi all, I am wanting to put some rear seat belts in moonbus for the grandnippers.
wondering if they cause any problems when putting the original bed up?

where do they mount..picys would be most splendid 8)

I have a seatbelt on the L/H side which doesn't get in the way, the strap is on the outside of the bench and the buckle bit stays underneath when not in use - my daughter seat is nice and solid on there, and a lap-belt on R/H seat. However baby no.2 is on the way so I need a second 3-point belt for another kiddie seat. At Busfest i'm going to look in every Dormobile I see to see what others have done, the top fixing point is above the fridge-cupboard so i assume the strap will just to be flapping around (and in the way a bit) when not in use?

Simon.

thanks Simon, like you it was the R/H one that i was wondering about, not so worried about it flapping about from the fixing point above the fridge-cupboard. I guess it was more the other end and how much it interferes with putting the bed up over the cooler .

L/H seat and lap-belt on right sounds a good combination , also like you with the rate of our family expansion two 3-point belt's might be better from the off.
Congratulations btw :)

if you could pap at Busfest and share the picys that would be great :D

When I had my dormibile I fitted them as above with one 3 point and one lap. It just meant that the wife had to ride in the back do one of the nippers was up front with me.

Krim said:
I have a seatbelt on the L/H side which doesn't get in the way, the strap is on the outside of the bench and the buckle bit stays underneath when not in use - my daughter seat is nice and solid on there, and a lap-belt on R/H seat. However baby no.2 is on the way so I need a second 3-point belt for another kiddie seat. At Busfest i'm going to look in every Dormobile I see to see what others have done, the top fixing point is above the fridge-cupboard so i assume the strap will just to be flapping around (and in the way a bit) when not in use?

just found these photos ... Dormobile conversion with three point belts retro-fitted.

and a suggestion of additionally to this solution passing the belt under the wooden frame instead meaning it doesn't flap about over that long storage area lid.

what you think ?

The only thing to me is how secure that mount is over the engine bay. I think you would also need a spreader plate underneath to strengthen it which could be a bit of a fiddle to get in. All of the others should just be factory mounting points.

Latest posts