Rear bumper no "through" holes for bumper bars

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davydomes

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why our rear bumper does not have any through holes for the bumper bar dome head bolts. Instead it has two mounting plates inside the bumper that the bumper bars can bolt to. looks cleaner but everyone we look at on other early's has holes. It's an April 1969 model. There must be others.

Is it a slash end bumper?

If so sounds like you have a split screen bumper.

Either cut the brackets off, drill new holes and mount or sell and buy a bay one.

It will fit, there just a tiny bit narrower but plenty of people have done it.

I have fitted one of these bumpers with no holes, it will fit but a little lower than an og bumper, also the leaf trays/bracket won't fit until you cut the inner brackets out of the bumper and bolt through. Also another point if you have a vintage speed exhaust only just fits unless you drill the holes.

Thanks for the speedy feedback gents!

You know, I wondered if it was off a Splitty, but figured it would be too narrow. Also we came across exactly what you said about the splash guards. We haven't fitted them yet because of that. More decisions to make!

We fit it to a Westfalia copy Towbar just to complicate it even more!

Why is it when your are coming to the end of a resto your bus seems to fights you all the way. It's almost as if it doesn't want finishing - some kind of weird bloody voodoo spell. :shock:

Latest posts