Rear heaters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of how the rear heaters should be connected up in my bus? The little handle at the bottom of the drivers seat us there but it isn't connected to anything, I'm assuming that there should be a cable or something and this then directs the heat to the rear outlets ?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is only about the pipe that connects the two pieces, there is however a cable that opens the tube to let the air through, unfortunately I have no pic of that. I am sure someone will oblige.

J & P
:D :D :D

I have to admit I haven't even checked underneath, I was just wondering where the other end of the cable should connect to .... And if you can still get cables !

The knob on the seat tub only operates the vent at the rear of the walkthrough section.
The heater vents in the rear of the cargo area are individually controlled by the sliding knob on each vent.

sparkywig said:
The knob on the seat tub only operates the vent at the rear of the walkthrough section.
The heater vents in the rear of the cargo area are individually controlled by the sliding knob on each vent.

I don't recall seeing any vents other than those in the floor of the walk through, where are the others located ?

BRAD said:
Nothing under the bed on mine, just the floor vents in the walk through.

Pretty sure mines the same. Just trying to work out what's needed to get the floor vents working

I don't have walk-thru vents but do have 2 under the bed.

This is an old photo of the heater vents under my rear seats, I have recently removed these and capped off the vent hole. Is this what you expected to see?

I need to look at mine, the black vents are definately no longer there, just need to see if the other outlets are or if they've been capped.

Bobster said:
I need to look at mine, the black vents are definately no longer there, just need to see if the other outlets are or if they've been capped.

If it`s a panel or a conversion, it will have the pipes but they won`t have been accessed there, they would just have the top of the pipe visible as it makes its way towards the front as it wasn`t a requirement to have heat in the rear of panels. If they`ve been vented there at some point and then removed, I`m guessing you`d see the capping off or repairs to the vent pipes, the same with the rear facing one from between the front seats.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Latest posts