recondition steering box

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickup

Reaction score
does anyone know where can i get my early bay steering box reconditioned?
also looking for a late bay 2ltr nose shift box

someone on EB recently used this company to refurb their steering box
http://www.power-steering.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 ltr boxes come up ocassionally, but they aint cheap, i paid £300 for mine, best to keep an eye on Vzi and ebay, seen em for £250-£450 recently

Are 2.0 ltr 'boxes an improvement over yer standard 1600 box or something? Or are you just looking for a replacement?

Cheers,
Nate

pickup said:
does anyone know where can i get my early bay steering box reconditioned?
also looking for a late bay 2ltr nose shift box

I used Mega Bug but have been very unhappy with the result. I have only noticed a small improvement. The problem with reconditioning is that not all of the parts are reproduced so some worn parts are still used.

I am not saying that all Mega Bug recon units are bad but I think it depends on how good the one you send them is?

just interested why specifically a late nose cone?

T2-Nate - the box has a different ratio more suited to motorway usage plus is a damn site stronger (6 ribs) hnce its popularity in the off roading/sand rail community....

I know of a 2ltr engine, but the gear box has side shift change and hydraulic clutch,so looking for late bay one.
Thanks for the reply about the steering box.

a little work, depends on the box you get pick up has one from a t25 so theres the issue of a nose cone swap (you may get an EB nose cone on that) or machine a new linkage to work on the side, then theres the bell which are slightly deeper and the drive shaft a little longer.

Latest posts