Red 9 coil over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie17

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking to lower my bus and was already to go for dropped spindles but have recently seen the red9 coil over kit does anyone have experience with these ?
Mick

The advantage of fitting dropped spindles is that you can go lower without reaching the limits of travel on the ball joints. The red9 coilover kit just replaces your normal suspension leaves with coilovers in the place of where you shock absorbers currently are. It is also up for debate as to whether the mounting points for the shock absorber are actually strong enough to take the full weight of the bus when using them for coilovers alone.

Most would recommend a combination of dropped spindles and aftermarket coilovers, but retain the standard suspension leaves. This means you get the advantage of your ball joints are at less risk of bottoming out, the coilovers not having all their weight put onto the mounts, but they still offer you a degree of ride height adjustment. Coupled with an adjustable beam, and you have a lot of options for changing the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red 9 stuff is trash, steer clear of it. Dropped spindles all the way

I ran for about 4 years on the red9 coil overs then converted to drop spindles (French Slammer) both have there ups and downs but for with red9 it was a much firm ride but harsh drop spindles softer And a bit more boaty so depends how you want to drive

Latest posts