Removal of Dormobile rear kick panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOM68

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to remove the rear kick panel where the rear heating vents sit, as I am fitting some rear speakers. I know I can drill the holes with it in situ, however I want to use a spare panel that I have as it is not in as good condition so don't mind drilling the holes in it.

It is a Dormobile conversion, I have removed all the screws securing it to the floor, kick board to main unit and kick board to sliding door side. Can I get it out, can I buggery! :oops: The only thing I can think of is the rear heater vents are stopping it somehow.

Has someone on here removed one before if so am I missing something? Any top tips you can share so I can get the stereo install finished.

Thanks in advance!!

Paul

I seem to recall that there are a couple of screws that enter the inner face of the panel, where it sits inside the ice box side panel, and screws into that panel toward the front of the bus. Did you find those?

I did indeed, all screws located. Wondering if I need to lift the main unit out of the way a bit to give some space to manoeuvre.

Hmmm. Then I think you may need to need to lift the main unit out of the way a bit to give some space to manoeuvre..! LOL

I also seem to remember that the floor level heater outlets are in the way a bit, stopping you from swinging the panel about as you want. I'm sorry I'm not more help!

zcat7 I think you have firmed up my own thinking! Thanks for your input! :D

Latest posts