Remove alternator without removing engine.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going through this thread again, lots of useful tips - it felt as though I pretty much dismantled the entire engine (manifold had to be loosened / partly come out as I couldn't get the alternator stand to pass the studs, or remove all the studs).

Studs removed now and alternator stand secured with bolts as recommended by @67westy

One other tip - change over the flat head screws in the fan housing to bolts. If faced with removing the fan again it is far easier to remove bolts with a spanner / socket set than navigating access to flat head screws

Lewbay said:
Just going through this thread again, lots of useful tips - it felt as though I pretty much dismantled the entire engine (manifold had to be loosened / partly come out as I couldn't get the alternator stand to pass the studs, or remove all the studs).

Studs removed now and alternator stand secured with bolts as recommended by @67westy

One other tip - change over the flat head screws in the fan housing to bolts. If faced with removing the fan again it is far easier to remove bolts with a spanner / socket set than navigating access to flat head screws

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,that makes a lot of sense :mrgreen:

Latest posts