remove cluster wire came off fuel sender where does it go?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgtips

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
Westy
Hi,

My wires behind the cluster are a mess so I have decided now is the time to fix it. Properly. The plan to take pictures then rerun with new wiring, tidy it up, new clean feeds etc.

But the first thing thats happened is I have undone the speedo and accidentally disconnected the wire at the bottom of the fuel gauge vibrator (is that what it is?).

My Q is where does this (yellow wire) go to. Obv it wasn't yellow originally. I think its ground but last thing I want to do is fry it.

Thanks for help,
PG
2110319.jpg

2110322.jpg

If the top wire on the gauge is brown that one should be earth and the yellow wire should go to the fuel tank sender. However, should be easy enough to test each wire with a multimeter one should be a short to earth and the other should be open or some resistance depending on the amount of fuel in the tank.

got it, you can't see easily but there is a black wire there too, close inspection the yellow unconnected was my effort to get a ign feed to another area (radio) which I have unplugged for the moment :-/

Latest posts