removeing underseal aftermath

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub boy

Reaction score
ive had the van on its side all weekend and have managed to scrape most of it off but there are places i just cant get to ????? there is a residue of underseal left on the paint to whitch doesnt really come of with a wire wheel ,i have to take my hat of to you guys that have done this on your backs but how the hell do you get it clean enough to start re sealing and painting ???? :? :?

Simple.... There's no easy way .

Various scrapers , screwdrivers etc etc anything you can get in

Get some thinners on it and keep cleaning it

The front end was the worst I found and the middle and come to think of it the back as well :lol:

Now go get them knuckles scraped

rallye dale said:
Simple.... There's no easy way .

Various scrapers , screwdrivers etc etc anything you can get in

Get some thinners on it and keep cleaning it

The front end was the worst I found and the middle and come to think of it the back as well :lol:

Now go get them knuckles scraped
just ordered 4 gallons of standard thinners :lol: whats left will do for mixing primer :mrgreen:

i really do take my hat off to the guys that do this on there backs ,what do you do with the areas you cant cet ,just leave it ??????

dub boy said:
i really do take my hat off to the guys that do this on there backs ,what do you do with the areas you cant cet ,just leave it ??????

What areas are struggling with, nothing is impossible especially as its on its side

rallye dale said:
dub boy said:

What areas are struggling with, nothing is impossible especially as its on its side
mainly around the rear axle and tubeing ,bought some engine cleaning brushes today and will go at it when the rain stops :roll: with some thinners ,seams to shift the residue i cant completly get off :D

I think I posted this elsewhere but could you hire a steam cleaner,they will take paint off up close on heat of about 90 degrees,not done it yet but considering it.

Latest posts