Removing belly pans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
Been meaning to check under the belly pans for rust on my bus , how do you remove the pans and can they be put back easily?

Cut them off I believe and I guess they could be put back with some neat welding and paint

I am in the process of cutting mine off... But am at an early stage of refurb and will be replacing anyway.... i couldnt see any other way of getting them off.

Yeh, it gets messy cutting em off.

You either leave em off or find some poor fitting "genuine" new ones to weld back on.

Rich

It's a scary time removing belly pans :scared0016: as you don't know what you'll find :(

Mines got them, I haven't removed them but I did do a sneaky check, I borrowed a drain snake camera and popped it through the drain bung holes, creavases, and through a hole in the floor inside, prior to fitting my leg base for my table, and thankfully no hidden nasties 8)

Cut mine off. They were a right rust trap. Jacking points, outriggers etc. all needing doing afterwards too.

There was someone a few years back doing GRP replacements too which sound like a nice solution.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Latest posts