Removing the instrument panel ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

our bus 68

Reaction score
This is probably a silly question, but how do you remove the instrument panel from the dashboard?. I cant see how to remove the heater control knobs which prevents the panel from coming away.

I'm trying to replace a broken speedo gauge.

HELP!!!

Theres some plastic retainers on the levers compress the ends of the pins into the centre then push them through the retainer rings and bobs yer uncle....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Araon wrote:
Theres some plastic retainers on the levers compress the ends of the pins into the centre then push them through the retainer rings and bobs yer uncle....

He makes it sound so easy! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eeemmmmm best own up then I shagged mine well and truley its best not to use a dodgy pair of longnose pliers, loose yer rag and start throwing shit around when you clamp yer skin between the handles..

Araon said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eeemmmmm best own up then I shagged mine well and truley its best not to use a dodgy pair of longnose pliers, loose yer rag and start throwing shit around when you clamp yer skin between the handles..

It looks like we share a healthy attitude to anger management! (Mine involves some very choice language too) :lol:

;)

Oohhh plenty of that....

I was once banned from BFBS for a tiriad of abusive language on air during a quiz.....and hold the record for the most swear words in an intelegible sentance...

They are a proper mongrel to remove all right. A genuine early prototype from the well known company "Bastards Incorporated"
What I did after destroying my originals was to find some replacements at a swap meet or on http://www.thesamba.com and when I replaced them I left out the little nylon bushes so they now just pull out when needed. They are prone to slipping in towards the dash and need a little tweaking occasionally but not all that inconvenient.
P.S. Please don't let on to any show judges as that will ruin any chance I have of winning any trophies in the show and shines.
David

lobus said:
...P.S. Please don't let on to any show judges as that will ruin any chance I have of winning any trophies in the show and shines.
David

:lol:

David, I thought you had alloy knobs on yours?

BFBS = British Forces Broadcast Service

;)

slammedkustom said:
i think its easy's bus that has the alloy sliders

it is me!

HeatSliders.jpg

Ssshhh you aint seen me right! :lol:

Yeah I'll be going down the alloy route too....

Check em out on ebay seller emohawk11 or http://www.alloycarparts.com

Latest posts