Replacment camper flooring ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stirlingmoz

Reaction score
My Devon had carpet tiles over a hardboard sheet over some thick black foam insulation. The hardboard was damp and mouldy contributing to a rather unpleasant musty interior smell.

Ive ripped it all out.....but......what to replace it with ?.

Is there a recommended kind of insulation I should use ?.

Is hardboard the correct thing to use ?

I wanted to avoid lino or laminate as they seem a bit cold when camping. I like a bit of carpet underfoot but whats the best thing to lay it on ?.

Thanks for reading.

Stirlingmoz

If you want warmth underfoot why not fit underfloor heating :D a tad expensive I know...
Theres plenty of auto grade carpets out there or even domestic (bathroom grades) to choose from....
Personal preference basically...

I can see that marine ply is the way to go, but surely some type of sound deadening underneath would be beneficial ?

maybe underlay or under felt as used under carpets , then the ply on top then put a floor covering on top of that 8)

Indeed - I'm gonna follow beeglebus's example roofing felt - ply - and tiles from madmatz.....

Gonna try doubling up the felt in the channels...see how that works..

I replaced my floor over the summer - got some underlay from b&q for about £10 or so .... silver stuff used for normal house flooring for laminate flooring. Then bunged on the ply wood on top and then final flooring.

Latest posts