Repro rear drums.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

young_dubya

Reaction score
Anyone had any dealings with them? Don't want chocolate drums and can't really afford £150 a piece for CSP ones but I suppose I will have to if the repro are gawd awful! :lol:

Cheers.
Ash

I've just had a repro GSF one. Terrible quality had to file it out to fit onto the splines and looks a terrible casting.

sjhjoinery said:
I've just had a repro GSF one. Terrible quality had to file it out to fit onto the splines and looks a terrible casting.

I bought one for £74.50 inc VAT from Cool Air and had the same trouble. I got it to fit in the end but it just goes to show that you get what you pay for.

I think I may have trouble removing the drum in the future as it was such a tight fit on the axle.

Probably best to go for some open wallet surgery and get the better quality, but if the cash is not there at the time you have to do what you have to do.
Good luck

Mickey Sam said:
sjhjoinery said:

I bought one for £74.50 inc VAT from Cool Air and had the same trouble. I got it to fit in the end but it just goes to show that you get what you pay for.

I think I may have trouble removing the drum in the future as it was such a tight fit on the axle.

Probably best to go for some open wallet surgery and get the better quality, but if the cash is not there at the time you have to do what you have to do.
Good luck

Luckily I did mine at the local VW garage Deaddubs, who said to keep going till it slides on and off nice and snug or you'll have trouble removing it again.

Bought one for the back of mine, from C&C, went straight on, no issues.

sent mine back ,took my old ones to enginer down the road ,he took the lip of the inside and put them back on ,still well within tollerance :D what i will do next time round i dont know but the casting ive seen on repros is crap. may go for a disk set up in the future :D

Latest posts