Respray for £3000-3500?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I've got a rock solid 69 bay panel .No rust ,I've spent the last 9 months going over every bit with a fine tooth Combe ,but what it does need is a general skim a few tweaks and loads of paint as its a panel van .Im wanting paint inside and out but engine bay is done .
Anyone recon I'd get it done for £3000-3500 .Live in Bristol

Sounds reasonable to me, depending on condition & hidden nasties!!!!
But I'm based in the North East where resprays are cheaper :lol:

Hey dood, give Ian at south west vws a call, i know its just in Devon but he is more than worth the effort! thats where i take my bus and he does an aweosme job! tell him that easy sent you ;)

http://www.southwestvws.com/?doing_wp_cron=1447236009.1910140514373779296875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers bud ,trouble is its getting it there as its out of mot and I can't afford to take it down only to find he says a price I can't afford

I paid £6300 for mine. Work done
New front panel which was sand blasted and rust treated behind before fitting.
A few bents sorted out.
Sprayed inside, out and engine bay.
Westy roof repaired and sprayed too.

All done and agreed .Haveing full respray inside and out .Keeping the L50f regatta blue but having the roof and bumpers L581 cloud white. Then getting the whole bus finished in satin lacquer as I don't personally like super shiny paintwork especially on an old panel van. Then I'll get it re- sign written and get the pin striping back on .

fozworth said:
All done and agreed .Haveing full respray inside and out .Keeping the L50f regatta blue but having the roof and bumpers L581 cloud white. Then getting the whole bus finished in satin lacquer as I don't personally like super shiny paintwork especially on an old panel van. Then I'll get it re- sign written and get the pin striping back on .

Hi, just wondering where you are getting it done? I am going to be in the market for external paint early in the new year and am looking for a good paint shop.

Cheers

Andy

As soon as your wife's Oval wings,bonnet and deck lid are painted Kalvin's starting my 69 " VolksTuning" panel van . Lovely colour that oval by the way .

Fortunate Son said:
Hi, just wondering where you are getting it done? I am going to be in the market for external paint early in the new year and am looking for a good paint shop.

Cheers

Andy

Andy theres one not far from you about 8 miles away

robins said:
Fortunate Son said:

Cheers

Andy

Hi robins, go on give me a clue! I am guessing you might mean M and D in Street?

Fortunate Son said:
robins said:
Fortunate Son said:

Cheers

Andy

Hi robins, go on give me a clue! I am guessing you might mean M and D in Street?

nope :lol: i dont think they can be bothered with them now,not been out there so only guessing and going by what i have been told.

hes on the meare road from street where ropers got there lorrys, creative customs, paul callow
01458 447788

cheers rich

Could poss get it done for that, depends on the amount of prep, and will you be supplying it stripped out, windows, lights etc? All takes time and adds to the bill.

Latest posts